PDA

View Full Version : Just a Simple Chickadee

Joe Senzatimore
11-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Still reeling from Sandy. Just got power back so thought I'd post one of the last photos before this catastrophic storm hit. I am one of the lucky ones who had very minimal(if any) damage. Just lost power for 4 days. But most of our beaches and natural seashore habitat is devastated. I guess some of it will return or be re-built , but it will never be the same. My heart goes out to those not as lucky as me. Many have lost everything they own.

800 ISO f8 at 1/2000th
Auto fill at minus 1&2/3
D3s with 600 f4 and 1.4 TC

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1773"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Randy Stout
11-02-2012, 02:17 PM
JOE:

Glad you survived Sandy OK. I really like Chickadees, very cheeky and brave. He is sharp, well exposed. For personal taste, I might trim off about 30% of the free space at top.

Cheers

Randy

Karl Egressy
11-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Sandy was a very bad news to so many people. I feel sorry for those who lost love ones. All the rest can be replaced or re-build as time goes by. I'm glad that you had no major problem.
Nice picture love the pose and colours, Joe.

Doug Brown
11-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Happy to hear that you were relatively spared Joe. A terrible shame for a very large number of people though. The bird and BG look great. I find the perch to be a little large, and I wish that it wasn't broken off. Another vote for cropping a bit off the top.

Kaustubh Deshpande
11-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Glad to know you were not affected a lot.

Loved this shot...terrific details and what a background. good to have the catchlight. agree with crop suggestions.

Jim Crosswell
11-02-2012, 04:50 PM
I like the pose, sharpness and BG. Nice image Joe.

dankearl
11-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Nice to hear from someone who went through it and glad you came out OK.
A great look at the chickadee and not a easy or simple shot at all.
I think they very difficult to do well and your light is very nice and the little bird very well exposed and sharp.

Andrew Merwin
11-02-2012, 07:27 PM
A very nicely captured image. I like the BG & the pose of the chickadee. Also, I like the perch as it seems very typical of where chickadees are found. It is good to know that you survived Sandy with a minimum of trouble. TFS.

John Cooper
11-02-2012, 08:08 PM
A lovelly presentation of the Chickadee Joe. The warn tones of the BG nicely compliment the warm toning on the Chickadee - a very appealing composition. If it could be improved at all, maybe a slight crop off the top.

Sorry to hear you experienced the ravages of 'Sandy'. It has been extensively covered in our media here down-under!

Shawn Zierman
11-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Chickadee images are difficult to do well imo...so much is dependent on light quality.
The light quality here is pretty dang sweet. Love the warmth and color of the bg.
Just the slightest head turn towards you would have been even better, and yes, I agree
with the crop suggestion provided already.
Glad you made it through the storm OK, thoughts and prayers go out to all in that whole area...

christopher galeski
11-03-2012, 04:45 AM
loverly image,,great light,I see some posterization in the BG on my screen.thanks.

Juan Carlos Vindas
11-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Joe, what you write is very sad, hopefully things will get better and normal with time. So glad you were not so affected.

I like the beutiful light that you captured here. The bird's pose is excellent and sharp. I also believe that you could crop a tad on top, and yes, I am not a fan of a broken perch.