PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bird

Bruce Gove
04-24-2008, 04:53 PM
I went back out looking for the turkeys, but found none. Just this Bluebird. I really liked the color in this image, even though the sun angle is poor and I know there are other technical issues. I tried to deal with the annoying post to the right of the bird, but the more I messed with it, the worse it looked - so here he is without much of anything done to the image except a little sharpening. :o

Cheers,

Bruce

MKIII EF100-400 4.5-5.6 275 MM EVO 1/500 @ 5.6 ISO 400

Alfred Forns
04-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Hi Bruce Interesting bg Do like the lower colors Will try working on the mid obstruction with quick mask.

The framing is sort of radical but at times can work Sort of makes you wonder what is happening outside the frame.

Here is my version Actually like it a lot I like the light striking the little bird and he is looking toward the source with lots of space behind !!! Neat !!!

Harold Davis
04-24-2008, 07:20 PM
that is one beautiful bird!!!!! and some awesome light!! and i love al's repost. it is definitely out of the box, but very dramatic and well done!

Gus Cobos
04-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Very nice bird Bruce, love the deep rich blue colors and Al added the right touch with his crop...:D

Oscar Zangroniz
04-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Beautiful looking bird, great colors and love Al's post.
Regards,

Nonda Surratt
04-25-2008, 06:33 AM
Also love the re-post. I like your crop Bruce, interesting and I like the light too! All the goodness is there just neede a couple tweaks (Alfred) to make it shine.

Alfred Forns
04-25-2008, 07:15 AM
....................... you guys are going to make me blush :D

I love this image When photographing do look for this type compositions but they are hard to come by. Needs lots of elements and this one has it in abundance!!!!

William Malacarne
04-25-2008, 08:22 AM
Bruce

You mention the sun angle being bad.....I think that is one of the main elements that make this a very good photo.

How would a suggestion of also putting time of day for the exposure in with the data of the photograph. Not just this photo but all of them. I think it would help a lot.

Bill

Bruce Gove
04-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Wow, I almost didn't post this image!! Thanks Al for the neat work with quick mask and the crop. It's amazing what a different perspective the image now has. I knew I liked it, even though it's not the traditional sun-at-your-back with the perfect head angle that we all strive for. The image was taken at 6:55 pm, sun just begining to set behind the hills - Many thanks to all for comments and suggestions. This interaction is what makes this site so special !!! :)

XOXO

Bruce

Pat Nighswander
04-25-2008, 09:06 PM
I like this image of the bluebird because it shows off from behind and you have all the blues.. great work from Alfred .. while shooting some bluebirds last week I was getting front view...which is nice for the red breast but this is what I wanted..nice eye too