PDA

View Full Version : Cinnamon teal

Hayath Mohammed
11-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Posting here after a while :)

Made this image of the Cinnamon teal close to my workplace in Redwood City. Came close and yet kept a close eye all the time.
All the damp and soiled clothes were worth it by the end of the session.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-gBc9-XL2spY/UJAQY1F5KBI/AAAAAAAAVNo/EJ6BMiEgR6k/s800/CinnamonTeal-stare.jpg

Shot with the newly acquired Canon 400 f5.6 on a 40D.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Cheers,
Hayath

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1774"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Miguel Palaviccini
11-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Hayath -

Very nice light you had. Well captured, and nicely processed. The droplets of water sure do add to the image :)

I would consider a looser crop. I think this would easily work as a vertical (add more to the top) or a horizontal (add more to the left).

Miguel

Juan Carlos Vindas
11-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Nice duck and light. I like the frontal pose and water drops on belly.

Hayath Mohammed
11-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Thank you Miguel, I do see this image could benefit from the looser crop. This male had another mallard closeby and hence could not go any wider. And yes this is a crop :)

Thank you Carlos...to me those droplets did make it more than just a snapshot. Some action would've been nice, but I'll take this for now.

Mark Theriot
11-02-2012, 12:28 PM
The image is very well captured, nice exposure and focus along with a pleasant background. If possible, I agree with the others on the cropping. If you have some canvas available on the left side it would go a long way.

Well done!

Mark

Hayath Mohammed
11-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Thank you Mark. I would love to extend the canvas after the great suggestions here, but i do not have access to any image editor.
Would give it a try when I do get a chance