PDA

View Full Version : AN ORANGE BUTTERFLY IN HONOR OF HALLOWEEN!!!

Marina Scarr
10-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Thought I would post an orange subject in honor of halloween. Photographed this Julia in a butterfly aviary. They are absolutely stunning, and I really liked it against the green.

Canon 1D4, Canon 70-200L F4 IS & Ext tubes
F11, 1/160sec, ISO 640, manual mode
Handheld

I am learning a lot in this forum thank to all of you, so C & C always welcomed and much appreciated.

Happy Halloween!!!

Marina Scarr
Florida Master Naturalist
www.marinascarrphotographpy.com

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1871"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Jerry van Dijk
10-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Happy Halloween to you too! Excellent exposure on this butterfly and wonderful details captured. I would try to get rid of the bright green stem protruding above the wings in the BG. Easy fix to a great image.

Norm Dulak
10-31-2012, 05:33 PM
Very nice Marina.

The colors are beautiful, and so appropriate for Halloween. I agree with Jerry that it might be better to remove that bright stem. And there is a small rogue spot below the antenna that I'd remove.

But the orange color of this beautifully captured butterfly definitely puts me in a Halloween mood.

Norm

Ken Childs
11-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Lovely color and detail on this, Marina!
I agree that the green stem should go....as Jerry said that's an easy fix. The one dark antenna is more problematic. The spot that Norm is referring to is an antennal club so I really wouldn't want to remove it but it looks odd just floating there. I tried lightening it up but at least on the jpg, there isn't much detail hiding there. Maybe you'd have better luck with the raw file. Another option would be to lighten up that region of the BG and then paint in the antenna or maybe clone from the one antenna that's visible.

Bob Miller
11-02-2012, 01:54 PM
marina...super good shot...nicely focused! I agree the top green stem should go...also there is a light green line directly under the thorax

Steve Maxson
11-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Hi Marina. You're getting really good at this! Excellent sharpness and lighting on a beautiful specimen giving you a very nice pose. The vertical comp fits this subject very well. The bright stem at the top of the wings struck me right away so I'm in agreement with the others about removing or at least toning it down - a minor tweak. Ken has some good suggestions about tweaking the antenna. Overall, this is a very strong image!

Satish Ranadive
11-05-2012, 06:45 AM
Excellent image of beautiful butterfly.Great colors,details and nice composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
11-12-2012, 01:12 PM
I teally like this one Marina. The dof and sharpness are right on and you shot it at a great parallel