PDA

View Full Version : Raptor in the Hoo-Doos

Paul Lagasi
10-30-2012, 07:13 PM
I had hoped to show some photos of birds from Gand Manan but Sandy got in the way....so

I visited Writing on Stone Park in south eastern Alberta this summer. The park is a lovely area to see and photograph Hoodoos, a tall, thin rocks. I had heard about them but had never seen them.

The Raptor was from an exhibit that I photographed. I thought they would be perfect together. I removed some buildings and wires from the background.

Hope all is well with all our members on the east coast.

Dennis Bishop
10-30-2012, 09:17 PM
That's fun, Paul. It looks like the kind of critter that belongs there. I like the overall look but would make two suggestions. The sky seems a bit intense, and the raptor would look even more like it's really there with a shadow.

We had howling winds accompanied by inconsequential tree damage in our neighborhood in southeastern Michigan. There are people in the county without power, however.

Cheryl Slechta
10-31-2012, 06:21 AM
Paul, this looks so real. Nice job:S3:

Anita Bower
10-31-2012, 10:50 AM
That is one park I'm not going to visit!:w3 I agree with making the dinosaur lighter so it shows up better! Good job.
We came through unscathed, though 30 miles away people are without power.

Maureen Allen
11-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Very fun image, Paul :S3:

Bob Miller
11-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Paul...nice job masking the raptor and placing him in a suitable environment. I agree that the shadow makes it more life like!

Andrew McLachlan
11-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Hi Paul, another wonderful creation. Love the colours in the original post and the shadow in the repost.