PDA

View Full Version : Lost At Sea

Mark Fuge
10-30-2012, 06:22 AM
One of the few great tall ships has been lost at sea. The HMS Bounty sank, fleeing Hurricane Sandy along the Atlantic Coast. Her crew was all rescued, with the exception (at this time) of the Captain. We were able to tour the Bounty a few years ago, when it docked near us on the east coast of Florida. I offer this image in rememberance of the ship and Captain.

Process was not recorded, but hope you can enjoy the image.

Dennis Bishop
10-30-2012, 10:26 AM
I find the wide black frame a bit overpowering, but I like the perspective, texture, and colors of the image within.

Cheryl Slechta
10-30-2012, 01:10 PM
Mark, thanks for posting this. Sandy has been devastating to so many people in so many states. It's very sad to watch.

Mitch Carucci
10-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Thanks for your post. The sea is and will always be a dangerous place. In a survival suit there is still hope for the captain, but I admit it is slim. Way back in 1984, I photographed the tall ship Marques. It was lost at sea on its next leg with significant loss of life. We don't expect this to happen in our day of rapid communications, and rescue resources, and yet it does...

Anita Bower
10-30-2012, 06:43 PM
I like this, Mark. It tells a story, or, suggests a story for me to tell. The browns look good against the blue. The strong diagonals add punch. I find the frame a distraction, but I know you like frames. :S3: This is a lovely tribute to the ship and those who sailed it.

Paul Lagasi
10-30-2012, 07:20 PM
I heard about the ship last night on the radio on my way home, that lady they plucked out of the water died later in hospital and the captain is still missing, very fitting image to post...nicely done Mark

Maureen Allen
11-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Very nice tribute image, Mark. Sad event.

Judy Howle
11-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Well done Mark! I was sad to hear about the loss of the ship and the Captain. This is a nice tribute, thanks for posting.

Mark Fuge
11-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Thanks all for viewing and comments, appreciate it.