PDA

View Full Version : Pleasing Blur - Pt II

Miguel Palaviccini
10-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Another pleasing blur, this time the motion was in the horizontal direction.

Shooting info:
Nikon d800 | 500 f/4 VR
1/4" | f/22 | ISO 50 (Lo 1.0)

Comments and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!

Dennis Bishop
10-29-2012, 01:36 PM
I like the blur and the colors, but I'd suggest cropping a fair amount off the top because nothing's happening, there, and the top edge of the blue is pretty much in the center vertically. If you want to have some fun with this and achieve something even more out of the box, the Distort filters in Photoshop would do some interesting things to an image like this.

You probably used the Lo 1.0 ISO for a longer exposure on this. Do you know if a setting like that, which seems to be provided as an exception, would compromise a traditional image -- one in which you only wanted to blur moving water, for example?

Cheryl Slechta
10-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Hi, Miguel, I agree with Dennis on cropping a lot of the lightest blue from the top. I like the horizontal bands of color. Nice work:S3:

Miguel Palaviccini
10-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Cheryl, Dennis, thank you for the comments! I'll take a look at one without so much up top.

Dennis - I'm not sure how much IQ suffers if you go from ISO 100 down to ISO Lo 1.0, but I know that the native ISO is 100, so that is where you get the highest dynamic range, lowest noise, etc. That's just my understanding though - could be wrong.

Anita Bower
10-31-2012, 10:52 AM
Nice job! Bands of beautiful colors. Completely agree with removing most of the light blue. Thanks for sharing!