PDA

View Full Version : Got Printed

Richard Mc Donald
10-25-2012, 08:01 AM
After living in one of Australias most isolated towns for 33 years and a wildlife photographer for the last 8 I've not once encountered hunting nor this type of cruelty.

It's heartbreaking. At the same time it makes my blood boil !

NT News 24th October 2012

www.nhulunbuy.com/bloodgoose.jpg (http://www.nhulunbuy.com/bloodgoose.jpg) for the original photo (graphic).

Richard Mc Donald

Roger Clark
10-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Hi Richard,

Congratulations on getting printed. Sad story. Did you also get images of the shooters? I feel the headline is inappropriate. It implied the "greenie" is a problem, not the irresponsible hunters. The headline should have been more like "Hunters wound dozens of birds, leaving them to die in agony."

Roger

PhilCook
10-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Keep up the anti hunt campaign Richard and in time maybe an end will be in sight. Bool Lagoon in the SE has had lots of protests in regards to hunting in the wetland system, and good results have come from it, sadly it takes years to get a point across sadly.

What really irks me is after just coming back from inland NSW the introduced feral Goat, Pig, Cat, Sparrow, Starling, Fox and Rabbit numbers are out of control, hunters time would be much better spent in eliminating the pest species rather than the natives

Don Thompson
11-09-2012, 12:51 PM
I am not a hunter, but most hunters I know go out of their way to retrieve any wounded animal. They feel they have a moral obligation to do so.

Almost all of the fees paid by hunters and fishers for licenses, and taxes on some of their equipment, go to help maintain and expand wetlands and other areas to preserve them for wildlife and fish. Unless photographers and other greenies, step up and replace those funds, it would be a blow to wildlife to loose those funds.

Organizations like Wild Ducks Unlimited, Trout Unlimited not only support hunters and fishers, they are huge supporters of conservation, water quality, wetlands etc.

Banning hunting could have a negative impact on the wildlife we enjoy photographing.