PDA

View Full Version : THEME: Norman Rockwell's Doctors Office

Dave Mills
10-24-2012, 05:18 PM
I always loved Norman Rockwell's work and idolized him in my youth when I had aspirations to be an illustrator.

Cheryl Slechta
10-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Dave, I've looked at this several times and also looked at some Norman Rockwell images and I think the brightness of the HDR doesn't lend itself well to the image IMHO. I like the subject and the composition and very quickly tried changing the saturation a bit and then did a slight Topaz Buz Sim. Anyway, it's another vision:S3:

Dennis Bishop
10-25-2012, 07:31 PM
My reaction was the same as Cheryl's. It looks more like Rockwell to me with the lower saturation.

Hazel Grant
10-25-2012, 08:34 PM
yes, as soon as I saw it, I thought, Yes, this looks like the Dr. office, but it's too dark. I played around with saturation levels and also added a slight bit of poster edges. Fun to play with. thanks for sharing!

Anita Bower
10-26-2012, 05:30 PM
I was hoping someone would do a Norman Rockwell! It is a perfect Rockwell scene--all that is missing is a person sitting in the chair. Lots to look at. I do think it is a bit too saturated. I experimented with reducing saturation but increasing brightness. I also did a Correct Camera Distortion to straighten the vertical lines (looks like I may have gone a bit overboard). But, it is your vision that matters most!

Dave Mills
10-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Hi Anita, I like your version best. I could have straightened it more except I didn't want to cut the handles on the right....

Anita Bower
10-28-2012, 05:19 AM
Hi Anita, I like your version best. I could have straightened it more except I didn't want to cut the handles on the right....
Great. Yes, having to crop is the downside of Correct camera Distortion.