PDA

View Full Version : Crested Bunting: Male.

Satish Ranadive
10-22-2012, 12:19 AM
Taken in the last week. Cropped and sharpened. Few OOF branches in background removed.

ISO: 800, 1/400 @ F: 6.3.Pattern metering. Exposure bias: 0.0.Manual setting.
White balance: Auto. HH. Canon: 550D, 400mm.

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

<iframe width="468" scrolling="no" height="60" frameborder="0" style="border:none;" border="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1778" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"><p>Your browser does not support iFrame.</p></iframe>

arash_hazeghi
10-22-2012, 02:19 AM
nice to get one with prey. Good details, looks like the light was a bit harsh and the highlights on the prey were blown. what is the prey item?

TFS

Satish Ranadive
10-22-2012, 02:33 AM
nice to get one with prey. Good details, looks like the light was a bit harsh and the highlights on the prey were blown. what is the prey item?

TFS
Thanks for your kind comments.Yes light was harsh.Prey is some kind moth.I will try to tone down color of moth.

Regards,
Satish.

PhilCook
10-22-2012, 03:03 AM
The light may of been harsh, but personally I like the glossy sheen it creates on the feathers and the light in the eye is very good Satish...selective highlight adjustment on the moth would be a good thing, overall this is great I think, and the sharpness extra good. Handsome looking specifies Satish.

Miguel Palaviccini
10-22-2012, 07:00 AM
Satish - ver nice capture. I think you did a great job of getting the details in the bird, but I agree that I would bring back some detail (or at least burn) the prey. Just a tad hot and detracts a bit from the image.

Daniel Cadieux
10-22-2012, 10:54 AM
I like the image as a whole, but few things would have made it even better: recovered highlights on the prey and bill, a bit better HA, and a better perch with no extra twig cutting the toes. Perhaps also ridding some of the specks on the wing. Good comp, great job on the blacks, and good details throughout. I like the eye and the crest.

Robert Holguin
10-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Very nice shot.
I really like the pose and it's meal. Love the raised crest, excellent details, and I think the harsh light was handled well.
Agree on the hightlights on it's meal and the twig by it's feet is a bummer, but still an excellent shot.
Very well done.

David Salem
10-23-2012, 02:39 AM
Nice shot. Ditto on the prey being blown out but the rest is great. Well done...

Jim Crosswell
10-23-2012, 09:31 AM
I like the sharpness, details, prey and composition. Good suggestions above. Well done Satish.

Shawn Zierman
10-24-2012, 04:09 AM
Thourough critiques offered already...don't have much to add, other than I agree with what has
been said, and yes, it is one handsome bird!

Chris Kotze
10-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Excellent pose and a super catch, well captured and good advice