PDA

View Full Version : Invasive vs. Native

Cheryl Flory
10-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Canon 60D

f6.3
1/1000 sec\ISO 400

EC +1.0

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1767"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Cheryl Flory
10-21-2012, 09:45 PM
oops, forgot the rest of the info..
I like this image, but I think it is too blurred to use. But I would like to save it if possible. I removed some of the bluring that was easy to remove and lightened the dark shadow behind the bluebird wing. I

used curves to darken the background and then again to add some contrast to the house sparrow. I cropped a little from the right side and more from the bottom.

Can this image be salvaged?

Oh, while the baby bluebird put up a valiant fight, the house sparrow won.

Thanks for all of your help!

Miguel Palaviccini
10-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Cheryl - I agree that you have some blur, but it's all in the right places! The heads are pretty sharp, and everything else that could be blurred is blurred. I like the blur of the wing and I think that without it, you might have missed the bluebird's face. I really like the moment that you captured here. Not sure I would touch up the image any further. Looks great as is and I would be proud to have it as part of my collection!

arash_hazeghi
10-21-2012, 10:44 PM
I like the wing blur here IMO it adds to the dynamic element of the image, love the interaction too! At this size it looks sharp enough to me, especially the heads where it matters. Def a great shot and a keeper for sure. Would like to see it a bit larger (1024 pixels)

well done, you did very well! :cheers:

Jack Breakfast
10-21-2012, 10:54 PM
No issues here RE blur or lack of sharpness that I can see. Terrific interaction, great light and details...very well done, yes yes yes!

dankearl
10-22-2012, 12:01 AM
Great action photo, very nice to get this, not easy and you did a very nice job.

Satish Ranadive
10-22-2012, 12:38 AM
Great interaction captured.Nice composition.Love the way baby bluebird's beak is seen through blurred wing.
BTW nice perch and backdrop.

Regards,
Satish.

Daniel Cadieux
10-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Definitely sharp where it needs to be, at least for web presentation. Love the interaction, and I especially like the bluebird's tail that seems to be curling up against the branch. Great to have foot/bill contact too! I don't know if you have it, but I could see more room left, top, and right...but still way cool as is!!

RakeshDhareshwar
10-23-2012, 01:25 AM
Love the interaction . Pretty sharp where it is supposed to be !! Awesome capture !

Cheryl Flory
10-23-2012, 06:50 AM
thank you, everyone. I appreciate your help.

Frank Schauf
10-23-2012, 09:18 AM
A great dynamic image, congratulations, Cheryl.