PDA

View Full Version : African fish eagle with tiger fish

gail bisson
10-21-2012, 07:00 PM
I leave for Botswana and SA tomorrow so thought I would post my favorite shot from last years trip.
The eagles are baited.
Canon 7D
F 2.8 70-200 with 1.4X
ISO 640
SS 1/2000
F 6.3
A lot of PP done to this one.
I had to add canvas up top and fix clipped wingtips. I used the image from 2 frames later and copied and pasted the top of that image onto the frame to get a realistic and accurate BG (including the water drops!)
Cropped about 10% off the bottom and RHS.
Whites recovery on neck.
Comments and critiques always appreciated and learned from with thanks,
Gail
See you in 3 weeks!

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1746"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Lorant Voros
10-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Pretty sweet action and nice PP work. Enjoy Africa and I am looking forward to see your images when you are back.

Jim Crosswell
10-21-2012, 08:01 PM
I like the splash, water drops, catch, sharpness composition and PP. Very well done Gail. Have a safe trip.

dankearl
10-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Very cool pose and action Gail, perfect timing.

Miguel Palaviccini
10-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Very nice Gail. At first I was going to ask for a tighter crop, but after looking at it again I realize the importance of the location of the splash. Excellent job on the timing. Focus looks spot on. I can't tell that you added any canvas to the top, so great job on that. All around a fantastic image. I look forward to seeing more!

Arno Ellmer
10-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Hi Gail , superb shot and timing with a great angle that the FE is flying . Splash and water drops are great too. I know the spot at Xaro so well ....:S3: . I am green about your trip . Where in Bot and SA are you going to ?
Have a super trip !!

Satish Ranadive
10-22-2012, 01:07 AM
Gail:
Extremely beautiful pose captured.
Love the angle of fist in his talons.Love the nice colors,details,beautiful looking BG through flash of water and wonderful 3D effect.
BTW very nice pp work.

Regards,
Satish.

arash_hazeghi
10-22-2012, 01:42 AM
excellent take off with fish and I totally like the splash, excellent light. The main issue when using a short lens is subject to BG separation and a bit harsh bokeh which has manifested itself but since the enviroment is nice it still works here. I wonder if you can extract more details from the whites.

christopher galeski
10-22-2012, 04:50 AM
nice image,love the water splash.thanks.

Robert Holguin
10-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Sweet shot!!
Excellent timing, love the the water drops, great comp, and great background.
Have a safe trip and can't wait to see your pics.
Well done.