PDA

View Full Version : AUTUM NUTHATCH

christopher galeski
10-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Took this image early this morning,cannon 7D,cannon 500MM L IS F4,iso 250,f4,1/800s,hand held,cropped.touch sharpened for the web.comments good or bad.thanks.

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1718"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Jon Rista
10-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Great capture. I like the pose, great detail. You can almost feel the warm morning light.

he contrast is very high...it might be useful to reduce it a little bit, lighten the background, soften those harsh shadows and edges.

Miguel Palaviccini
10-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Christopher - great light and mood that you captured here. I would agree with Jon and would reduce some contrast on the branch, but I like it on the bird.

Cheryl Flory
10-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Hey, another red-breasted nuthatch! Great catch, and you even got its tail! Do you feed them to bring it in? the color tint certainly shows the very low sun. It looks a bit over saturated on my monitor, or could that be due to the low sun? Good capture, I know how quick these little dudes can be!

PhilCook
10-22-2012, 02:53 AM
I rather like it pretty much as it is with the darker contrasty tones, but to me it just needs a hint more light on the face/eye and maybe crop to just above the oof section of the log and as well as little more off the top and right.

Satish Ranadive
10-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Excellent image,beautiful morning lights,lovely composition.
Love the pose,colors and details.

Regards,
Satish.

christopher galeski
10-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Thanks everybody for your comments,Cheryl ther was a feeding station 20yds away,they take a nut and fly off and store it for later,I watched this keep going to the same place to store its food,so I waited near the place,and got this shot.thanks again.

Doug Brown
10-24-2012, 12:29 PM
I like this image; great light, nice pose, and good sharpness. I would like to see the rather strong shadow reduced in post. I might have bumped the ISO and gone with more DOF, as I do find the OOF areas of the perch somewhat distracting.