PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Theme: Panda's A La Andy Warhol

Paul Lagasi
10-19-2012, 01:28 PM
I'd been thinking about this idea for a while just didn't have the right animal for it. Andy Warhold created a print called Grevy's Zebra, check it out you can really see his style.
I tried to copy it but really couldn't figure out which animal to use, the Zebra is kind of unique. My youngest daughter had gone to China and worked in a Panda Reserve for a week, and had sent me
some of her photos.

With her permission I used her image to create this, as its pretty tough to photograph Panda's in Ottawa, Canada or anywhere close for that matter.

I tried to copy his style, not really sure if I was successful or not...left is male and right is female thats why colors are different....:t3

I was in a pretty good mood today because I can finally resume my birdquest in 2013, I made it through the year and can now get travel insurance :bg3::w3:cheers:

Joe Senzatimore
10-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Not being familiar with the original "Warhol Look" I can't say if you re-created it or not. Sorry to say that this is ,for me , way over the top. Just not working , but I applaud the effort. Always good to experiment.:cheers:

Mitch Carucci
10-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Bright, fun image. I think this may become one of the Lagasi styles!

Maureen Allen
10-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Really fun image, Paul. I can definitely see the Andy Warhol influence :S3:

So glad for you that you're able to resume your birdquest!

Cheryl Slechta
10-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Paul, I looked up Warhol and it looks like he did some panda images that look very similar to yours. Nice work and big congratulations on resuming your birdquest:S3:

Paul Lagasi
10-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Well who would have guessed, I looked up Andy Warhol and the Grevy's Zebra image popped up and I thought I would try the same thing.....:e3
Now I checked and darn didn't he also do Panda's....I guess warped minded people get the same ideas....go figure:bugeyed:

Thanks for the heads up Cheryl.....and thanks for the comments everyone

Cheryl Slechta
10-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Paul, you were one up on me - I didn't know he'd done zebras or pandas:S3:

Anita Bower
10-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Thank you for taking me to Grevy's Zebra. I think you did a good job in capturing the mood of that image--isolating the subject, squiggly lines, bold colors, little detail. Good job!

Andrew McLachlan
10-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Hi Paul, love the processing for these Pandas...very creative work. Awesome news about the travel insurance :5