PDA

View Full Version : Out for a Walk - WB Nuthatch #2

Bill Dix
10-19-2012, 09:45 AM
I liked the walking pose of this one. I know a bit of head turn would improve it, but he's so focused on his destination that I like it anyway. I tried to tone down the lichens this time. C&C appreciated.

D7000, 500f4, ISO 800, 1/2000s @ f/7.1, -0.7 EV, tripod.

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1636"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Satish Ranadive
10-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Bill Sir:
Absolutely superb image.
Love the walking pose,colors and nice details.I like lovely background and beautiful perch with lichens.

Regards,
Satish.

Karl Egressy
10-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Great shot, Bill. I like the pose, details, perch and background.

arash_hazeghi
10-19-2012, 06:50 PM
nice! I like the pose, details and the perch. I wish you had some head turn here :)

Jim Crosswell
10-19-2012, 08:16 PM
I like the walking pose, sharpness, exposure, perch and BG. Nice image Bill.

Miguel Palaviccini
10-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Bill, very nice dynamic image! Not much you could have done about the head turn, but it sure would have been nice. Maybe moving a bit to the right would have soled the problem? Not sure if you had the room. Either way, excellent capture and exposure.

Bill Dix
10-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Thank you all for your comments. Yes, I do wish he had looked my way. Two problems with trying to move to my right: first, I was sitting next to my dining room table, shooting out of an open window into my back yard, with the perch set parallel to the sensor plane, and no room for me to move; and second, the bird wasn't standing still, but was only in this position for an instant. He's the hardest of my backyard birds to capture, and doesn't often perch like this, but I'm sure I'll get another chance. The good news about using my house as a giant blind is that I can sit there having a second cup of coffee, listening to good music, rather than lying on my belly in the muck somewhere, or standing shivering in the cold waiting for a bird to appear. But there are only just so many backyard birds before I get tired of the good life, and head back out to the muck and the cold.