Exposure mode: Av
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 640
Lens: 24 to 105mm
Focal length: 105mm

Jack Breakfast
10-19-2012, 06:27 AM
So lovely! The line behind the skimmer is most appealing. Playing the "move the scroller bar up and down so as to help with cropping ideas" game (that I learned from who? Grace? I'm sorry and I'd like to give credit where it's due for the trick is a useful one) I might suggest cropping a small strip from the bottom. It could go a few different ways. This is all amazingly subjective and the picture is just peachy as-is. Sweet colors, great action from the silhouetted skimmer, and the other 3 birds are lined up nicely as well. A fine scene indeed. The 24-105 is a good idea! With which camera did you capture this fine picture?

Bill Dix
10-19-2012, 09:35 AM
What a stunning image. Perfect timing. The three birds on the left are icing on the cake. I could imagine a slivver off the bottom, but I'm not sure it matters. Congrats.

Satish Ranadive
10-19-2012, 10:53 AM
James:
Wonderful Sunset Scene.Great moment captured.Love the Skimmer,his reflection and lovely "skimming line" behind him.
Three birds on the left is plus point.

Regards,
Satish.

Miguel Palaviccini
10-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Very nice james. The colors and timing are great. I would consider a crop from the top, as the skyline of buildings detracts just a bit. Plus it would give you a longer aspect ratio shot, something that I think would be beneficial

Karl Egressy
10-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Great looking birscape shot, James.

PhilCook
10-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Wonderfully composed shot, lovely colours and agree the extra birds are very special and I kinda like the jagged shoreline too

Tony Whitehead
10-20-2012, 11:44 PM
Well seen and executed, James. I agree that the buildings detract and would crop from the top to eliminate the sky completely and focus on the reflected light with silhouetted birds/shoreline.