PDA

View Full Version : Duckscape

Lance Peters
04-24-2008, 12:09 AM
Hi - another shot on the way to work early in the morning.

Spotted these two happily sitting in the golden early morning mist.

D3
500MM
F6.3
1/320 th
0EV
400 ISO

Constructive comments appreciated :)

Thanks

Lance

Harold Davis
04-24-2008, 04:48 AM
that's fantastic, lance!!! birds are sharp and the color is great. the birds seem too centered. i'd almost be inclined to crop from the right. i know it's not the proper thing to do, but nevrmind! i cropped it and adjusted some levels. used the rule of thirds to place the birds in the frame.

hope you like it.

Lance Peters
04-24-2008, 05:06 AM
Hi Harold - Thanks - yes I struggled with the cropping on this one to - think yours is closer to the mark.

Many thanks

Lance

Gus Cobos
04-24-2008, 07:06 AM
Very nice concept Lance,
Good capture, nice colors I like Harold's repost...:)

Alfred Forns
04-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Hi Lance You sure have an interesting drive to work !!!!! I'm impressed !!!

I actually prefer the original crop To start I was going to suggest just what Harold did After looking I like the grasses to the left of the ducks and like the position so they can look out of the frame. The two little stumps would have been great having more to the right for balance. I'm sure moving about a bit you could have tweaked the composition even more but the ducks usually don't cooperate!!!

I like the separation between the birds and the point of focus. Wouldn't mind going even darker with the foreground having just a hint of detail Appealing image !!!

Robert Amoruso
04-24-2008, 08:14 AM
I would agree with Alfred that a crop from the right would work here because the FG grasses are interesting. In this case the birds close the the edge of the frame on the right would be OK since you have visual interest on the left.

Harold Davis
04-24-2008, 02:06 PM
i am soooooo confused now. my first thought was EXACTLY what al and robert suggested, but decided to go with what normally works and was wrong:( oh well, back to the drawing board!!

Lance Peters
04-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi Guys - thanks for all the suggestions and comments - muchly appreciated.

I will darken the foreground a touch and recrop per alfreds suggestions.

Alfred - I dont drive to work - ride a pushbike - I live right on this river - so my opportunities are endless - I am truly blessed - I know. Work is only a 5 Minute bike ride from my house.

Lance

Oscar Zangroniz
04-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Great composition and excellent colors. I do like the original better.
Regards,

Nonda Surratt
04-25-2008, 11:47 AM
I like the orig. crop, love scene and colors.