PDA

View Full Version : Storm in Gold (Repost)

Rudi van den Heever
10-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Well, I already posted a version of this image here http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/104023 . So... I took all the comments to heart, good and bad, and decided to do something about it - I read through all Hougaard Malan's tutorials and reworked this image! :2eyes2:

If you haven't seen Hougaard's work and tutorials, have a look here http://www.hougaardmalan.com/blog/category/tutorials/ It surely rocks and I think the end result of my first attempt at following these tutorials in the processing of this image, turned out OK...:tinysmile_shy_t:

This time it is a blend of 3 exposures....:w3 What do you think?

(I even applied some lens correction, after I discovered the "little tool" in LR4 as suggested... :bugeyed:)

<iframe style="border:none;" border="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1741" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" height="60" scrolling="no" width="468">Your browser does not support iFrame.
</iframe>

Don Railton
10-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Hi Rudi...

Why dident you do this the first time...!:bg3: Well I know why, its the power of BPN....

Seriously though, I think this repost is a lot stronger and you have one nice image here you can show the little one in a few years time...

well done

DON

Morkel Erasmus
10-19-2012, 04:57 AM
Rework is miles better, Rudi :5
Hougaard sure is a legend, wish I could get him to come and contribute on this forum.

Blending back a darker exposure for a better sunstar worked a treat.
Luminosity on the distant hills/mountains is a lot better - smoother look and more realistic.
I just think the sky is still a touch dark for the FG (or vice versa). I would lighten the darker parts of the sky just a tad?

Overall, great job! Looking forward to more "Linruscapes" :cheers:

Rachel Hollander
10-19-2012, 08:24 AM
Rudi - very well done. Much improved from the op.

TFS,
Rachel

Katharina Reddig
10-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Rudi - fantastic repost. I really like this shot and agree that Hougaard's tutorials show a great method of blending exposures.
Well done
Katharina

Rudi van den Heever
10-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback seeing that I am new at this genre...:S3:

Morkel, you are just sweet talking me to convince me that I should go to the Mara with you next year...:t3 But please do continue as I am rather enjoying the attention!:tinysmile_shy_t:

Rudi van den Heever
10-19-2012, 11:10 AM
By the way... do I get money for the B&H adds on my images?!:eek3:

Morkel Erasmus
10-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Morkel, you are just sweet talking me to convince me that I should go to the Mara with you next year...But please do continue as I am rather enjoying the attention!

Haven't I always "sweet-talked" your work? If by sweet-talk you mean, constructively critiquing and stating what I like about it? :c3:
Anyway, you know you want to come to the Mara with me...I'm just fun to be around :eek3:

Morkel Erasmus
10-21-2012, 06:22 PM
By the way... do I get money for the B&H adds on my images?!

The guys are working on the location of the ads behind the scenes.

Andrew McLachlan
10-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Hi Rudi, very nicely done. Love everything about it!

Rudi van den Heever
10-23-2012, 05:13 AM
Thanks for the feedback Morkel and Andrew! Much appreciated!

Roman Kurywczak
10-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Hey Rudi,
I think this works very well! Nice job tweaking this!

Rudi van den Heever
10-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the feedback Roman!

Gabi Sandu
12-22-2012, 03:20 AM
Superb colors and well composed. Very nicely done.