PDA

View Full Version : Allen's Hummingbird

Binh Nguyen
04-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Hello all,

I'm new member and a amature bird photographer. I started about 1 1/2 years ago and still in a learning process. Unfortunately, my combination is not quite for bird photography. I am doing my best to work with what I have and hope for a better lens in a near future. Critiques are definately welcome. Thanks for wiewing.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/howlercat/4rum3/Hummer_59_800.jpg

30D with 70-200 f2.8+2.0x converter+12mm extention tube.
ISO 500 f8.0 SS 1/800ms Manual exposure with autofocus.

Doug Brown
04-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Very nice first post Binh! Looks pretty good to me. Love the 'wall' of flowers on the right. Perhaps a little more sharpening on the bird itself. Some fill flash would have helped illuminate the underside of the wing. Welcome to BPN!

Binh Nguyen
04-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Thank you for your input Doug! I've tried a little more USM but I backed off a little cause I thought it wasn't natural if it was too sharp. I also used the fill flash but I guess it wasn't enough. Your CC's are much appriciated!

Hungtran10
04-24-2008, 12:46 AM
Hey Binh. This is Hung. It was good to run into you again at SJWS today. This is a great hummer shot.Tight closeup. Nice catchlight and the blue flowers adds a nice touch of color to the composition. I went to Bolsa chica afterwards to shoot the Terns. I'll have to check out Huntington Central Park this weekend if I can get away from the babies. Keep in touch.

- Hung

Gus Cobos
04-24-2008, 07:15 AM
Great composition and capture.
Love the rich colors and the flowers on the right...:D