PDA

View Full Version : Bourbon St. HDR

Joe Senzatimore
10-18-2012, 08:49 AM
New Orleans is a place chock full of photo opps. Not to mention great food and music. Glad I finally got here , and plan on returning again.
This is a 5 image HDR shot at 1 stop increments. It was early AM as any other time the streets are chock full of people. I processed on my laptop with Photo matix. Will re-do it on the PC when I get home. Will do it with Nik HDR Pro 2 next time.

D800 in crop mode
Nikon 24/70 f2.8 at f8

Cheryl Slechta
10-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Nice one, Joe. I love the colors and the reflections in the street. Do you have more room at the bottom in the original capture? It'd be nice to see how it would look with a little more but I like it as presented.:S3:

Maureen Allen
10-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Very nice HDR, Joe. I like the perspective and the reflections.

Paul Lagasi
10-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Joe, well designed HDR, love it that there's no people but the lights are all on, great color and sharpness. Something to see wherever you look on image...very well done

Joe Senzatimore
10-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Joe, well designed HDR, love it that there's no people but the lights are all on, great color and sharpness. Something to see wherever you look on image...very well done

Thanks Paul.
The absence of humanity is due to the early hour. Later in the day the streets are full of people and this would have been impossible.

Mitch Carucci
10-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Well controlled HDR. Light looks real, and appealing!

Anita Bower
10-21-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm first attracted by the colors, then by the curving corner roof, repeated in the balcony railing and the sidewalk. I like the supporting poles which also repeat. I think I'd prefer the poles to be a bit more at a 90 degree angle to the horizontal--which could be achieved with "skew" or "correct camera distortion." I wouldn't correct it completely, as that would diminish the prominence of that curved balcony. Very nicely done!

Andrew McLachlan
10-22-2012, 06:51 PM
Hi Joe, very nice work. Cheryl nailed my first and only suggestion about a little more room at the bottom.

Judy Howle
10-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Love the colors and lights. Excellent processing. Good suggestion about a little more room at the bottom.

Hazel Grant
10-23-2012, 08:04 AM
Anita's comment re the poles is good. Has a sort of fisheye look as is, but then that may be what you were going for....and that's ok. Just depends on your vision. I was in NO about a year ago and was a bit frustrated re photos because of the crowds.. Good for you for the early am shot. I like the neon reflection ---and the wet streets.