PDA

View Full Version : Colorado roads

Stan Cunningham
10-17-2012, 11:17 AM
This is actually a crop from a FF image where I have the entire mtn with blue sky.
I cropped it because I became most interested in the deer crossing sign and road and wanted to emphasize it.
My thought when I saw the area is who the heck is even going to see a deer when they have this view in front of them.
Canon 5D 3, 7- 200 2.8 L I, 90mm 500 ISO F 9 1/125 sec. HH
I'm so new to landscapes I'm sure I have many things to fix so I'm welcome to all suggestions.
Thanks as always for looking and commenting.

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1719"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Don Railton
10-17-2012, 07:03 PM
Hi Stan

I might be very wrong but I think this image could do without the sign...! I did not even notice it at first glance, mainly because of the similar colours and its position.. So, to emphasize this sign it might need to be a little larger and possibly closer to one of the 1/3rds intersect. I like the image anyway for the repetition in the vertical elements and the colours, maybe a bit more sharpening..?

thanks for showing

DON

Rachel Hollander
10-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Hi Stan - I agree with Don about the sign and the additional sharpening. Vertical was a good choice here with the lines. Lovely fall colors and I like the road as a leading line though I might prefer it coming from the left corner. I hope to see more of your landscape images.

TFS,
Rachel

Stan Cunningham
10-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Both of your suggestions are certainly valid. And sharpening for this site seems to be my Nemesis.

Morkel Erasmus
10-18-2012, 02:46 AM
Love the scene and colours here, Stan. I certainly won't see a deer when I can look at this - in out country fall colour leaves a lot to be desired. :bg3:
Personally I would have liked to see a bit more of the road...roads work well as leading lines and here there's just enough to actually bug me...
Sharpening noted, but with this amount of fine detail (trees/leaves) I would be careful as they can end up scrunchy quite quickly.