PDA

View Full Version : Poor Showing

Richard Mc Donald
10-17-2012, 07:49 AM
Poor response from most when a member is rewarded for the extra time and effort in the field with Image Of The Week only to get a few "congratulations"

Richard

Don Lacy
10-17-2012, 09:41 AM
I think this has more to do with the fact that the site stop promoting the IOW and stopped announcing the winners or sending out a PM to the winners letting them know they had an image chosen. I had an image honored and did not know it for over a month until I checked the forum out of curiosity wondering what was going on with it. I am hoping with them now show casing the IOW winners on the front page the excellent work honored with IOW status will get the recognition it deserves.

Hilary Hann
10-18-2012, 12:27 AM
I agree with Don, I used to know when the images were posted and would try and congratulate everyone. I was placed in image of the year last year and no one told me so it was sometime later when I found out which was a shame as I looked a bit ignorant, not thanking people or congratulating the winner.

Not sure why the PM to winners of IOW and IOY were stopped, shame really.

Of course, like many, I bypass the front page going straight to the forum I want. I seem to remember that the announcement was a sticky on each forum page which worked for me.

Daniel Cadieux
10-18-2012, 05:03 AM
Hey guys, we understand your concerns, and thanks for noticing and bringing it up. The mod who was taking care of the IOTWs before was making a super great job but unfortunately had to step down. There was a long gap without any updates and I've since stepped in to get those rolling, but its alot of work and time consuming. We're in catch up mode, but I've been updating twice a week until all caught up, which is very soon! After that all will be good again and will be on top of things. We understand that IOTW is important to our members, and the deserving winners need to be promoted one way or another...the new front page is a great start:S3: