PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion; Broadcast messages from staff

Jim Poor
01-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I'd like to see the (very) occasional broadcast message or email from staff when important changes are made. This is especially true as the site is still new and evolving rapidly.

For example, I bet not many folks know that the posting guidelines have changed. I only know because I was busy trying to read everything. The sticky announcing the change doesn't really stand out.

A quick PM to everyone (or email) saying "Posting guidelines have changed, please go here (link) to read them. might be a good way to get the word out on some things.

That said, I don't want 10 msgs a day either, but I don't think that will be a problem.

Best,
Jim

James Shadle
01-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Jim,
I sent an email to all members.
Check to make sure your email is correct.
And I will check to make sure my settings are correct. I could have missed one of the about 1500 settings.
Just one wrong setting will get you.

James

Jim Poor
01-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Hmm, No sign of it in the E-mail or junk folder. It is completely within the realm of possibility that my superior half deleted it off the laptop though, I'll have to ask her when she gets home.

And I will check to make sure my settings are correct. I could have missed one of the about 1500 settings.
Just one wrong setting will get you.

I don't envy you folks in that department at all with such a new site. Good luck and keep up the good work.

Jim

Jason Vaclavek
01-05-2008, 03:36 PM
I got two emails related to changes like you mentioned. :cool:

James Shadle
01-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Jason,
Did you like the second one better?
James

Jason Vaclavek
01-05-2008, 03:56 PM
James,
Now that I understand whats being said, yes I do. I think I too was up too late last night and just couldn't focus on what I was reading.

Bob Ettinger
01-05-2008, 04:44 PM
I also received two, the first one and the correction. So it is working.

Del Cockroft
01-09-2008, 07:40 AM
I have to report that I didn't receive any emails concerning this issue.

Peter Hawrylyshyn
01-09-2008, 10:10 PM
james
i didn't get any emails either in inbox or junk box that i could recognize
checked my CP and email address looks correct

what email address/name are you using so we can set it up not to be detected as spam/junk mail