PDA

View Full Version : Golden-crowned Kinglet.

Karl Egressy
10-12-2012, 04:10 PM
I find this bird very hard to soot.
I managed to take this shot today.
Thanks for looking.

Canon 500 f4.0 L IS
Canon 1D MarkIV + Canon 1.4 TC
Manual Setting
ISO 400
F 7.1
1/500 s

David Salem
10-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Pretty funny looking shot. The angle makes it look likes he's half head. Exposed well and nice BG. The perch isnt the best but sounds like there not easy to shot. Nice work

Juan Carlos Vindas
10-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Cute little guy! nicely exposed and with good details. I only wish the HA was a bit better.

Gyorgy Szimuly
10-13-2012, 12:12 AM
Love this cutie. :)

Best, Szimi

Shawn Zierman
10-13-2012, 08:21 AM
Nice angle of view on the bird, love the crown detail and yellow edged primaries...
The eye looks a bit different here...did you do any processing of the eye/iris?
ISO 800 would have given you more options for increasing the dof....
Background control is pretty sweet...foreground control not so much....

Satish Ranadive
10-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Magnificent image of cute little one.Very nice composition.
Love the colors and details on the bird.Nice pose too.

Regards,
Satish.

Jon Rista
10-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Love the bird. Tiny little round ball of beautiful feathers! :) The exposure is superb, and I like the detail in the eye. Might try to tone down the reflection in it's eye a bit, as it kind of detracts from the nice detail that exists beneath it. It is a bummer about the perch, kind of a busy one, but if that's the perch you had to deal with, I think you did great!

Karl Egressy
10-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Nice angle of view on the bird, love the crown detail and yellow edged primaries...
The eye looks a bit different here...did you do any processing of the eye/iris?
ISO 800 would have given you more options for increasing the dof....
Background control is pretty sweet...foreground control not so much....

Thanks, Shawn. Originally the eye was totally dark. I checked if there was natural light in it.
There was but I overcooked it I'm afraid. I'll fix it. This one might look better.
Fixed the eye and removed blue cast.

gail bisson
10-13-2012, 01:10 PM
I am glad you will fix the eye as it does look odd.
Nice POV.
The clump of OOF vegetation under the "butt" is problematic but I like the curvy leaf in front of the kinglet,
Gail

Jim Crosswell
10-13-2012, 05:34 PM
I like the pose, exposure and BG. Repost looks better. Nice image Karl.

Craig Brelsford
10-14-2012, 01:53 AM
I like the re-post. In the first image, the eye was, as you said, "overcooked." Nice work on a cute but tough-to-shoot bird.

Ivan Ellison
10-14-2012, 11:26 AM
As others have said the re post is much better esp on the eye.This bird loks very similar to out goldcrests and firecrests and I presume is just as hard to capture in the open. I like the bits of leaves around the bird as it portrays the habitat they prefer.