PDA

View Full Version : Muskox...

holger cremer
10-12-2012, 02:05 PM
I spend 2,5 weeks in Norway - a fantastic country with smashing landscape and wildernes!
It take a good afford to find the Oxes but any second worth also on the days we did not see any :)
1dx - 400 2,8 - 2x converter iii - tripod - rrs ballhead

Much more pictures of the Oxes you will find on my HP and it will follow more in the next days and
weeks - updates will be mentioned via my facebook page (link below)!
Cheers
Holger

Steve Kaluski
10-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Hi Holger, this is an impressive image, I love the low angle, position in frame and the windswept look and body posture. Looks like he means business! I can't comment on colour as I'm away, but I think you could afford to lift the levels, moving the RH slider to around 230 (figures personal preference). Did you add any blur to the BKG as you didn't add the SS , aperture etc, be good to know. :S3:

How are you finding the 1dx, I think the colour is very faithful?

Look forward to more.

TFS
Steve

Marina Scarr
10-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Nice to see you posting, Holger. Quite a strong image you have here with great color combinations and nice details. I simply love the windswept look.

Jamie Douglas
10-12-2012, 10:14 PM
I love the fall colours and the eye contact. How did you find the AF performance of the 400mm and 2x? is it the new 400m F2.8 II?

Nice one

Jamie

Rachel Hollander
10-13-2012, 10:49 AM
I too really like the low pov and the colors/tone of this. Nice detail and comp too. Hope to see more soon.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
10-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Good to see more of this species, Holger...nice 'proud' stance, great handling of browns/darks and good hues all around.
Would love to know more about the settings you used...:S3:

holger cremer
10-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Good to see more of this species, Holger...nice 'proud' stance, great handling of browns/darks and good hues all around.
Would love to know more about the settings you used...:S3:

Thx all - the settings ISO 1600 - f6,3 - 1/320 - -1/3 !

Ivan Ellison
10-16-2012, 05:48 AM
This image exudes power and wildness.The colours are great and the stance of the ox with its windblown fur makes me shiver.- it feels like he was about to charge you.