PDA

View Full Version : Signature Spider

PRABIR BHATTACHARYYA
10-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Came out of retirement again.
Got this guy from my 2nd floor balcony just by chance.
It was hiding in the Wood Apple tree, quietly waiting for a prey.

Thanks for C&C.

PRABIR BHATTACHARYYA
10-12-2012, 11:43 AM
I am not able to understand how 2 images got uploaded.
If I attempt an edit, it shows only 1 image.

Mods, could you please have a look?
Thanks in advance.

Steve Maxson
10-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Hi Prabir. I'm not sure how two images were uploaded, but since they seem to be the same image (and I'm not sure how to delete only one of them) I think I'll just leave this as is. :S3: Please also remember to add your shooting specs so we can give you more meaningful comments. Thanks.
This is an interesting and colorful spider. I like the comp and background and you have good overall sharpness (though I find the colorful copyright symbol a little distracting). It looks like some of the yellow colors on the abdomen are blown out to white. Darkening that specific area may (or may not) help. One option might be to use the brush tool to carefully paint yellow back into those areas. You could use low opacity and gradually build up the color intensity. Overall, this is a strong image and tweaking the yellows will put it over the top!

PRABIR BHATTACHARYYA
10-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Steve, thanks a ton for your comments & advice. I'm also surprised about the double entry. May be at that time my comp went off its rocker. :-)

Following your advice, I have
- put a new un-obstrusive signature and hope this works and
- I have adjusted the yellow by re-filling with a darker yellow almost of the same hue.

I am posting the edited image. Please let me know.
The Exif here:

Canon 60D
Tamron 70-300m VC
RAW, 1/160s, f/8, ISO-1250, 0 Ev, Pattern
First edit - LR3, CS6
Second edit - PSE9

Steve Maxson
10-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Hi Prabir. Thanks for adding the shooting specs. This turned out well for ISO 1250! The repost is much improved!

Linda Dulak
10-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Nice job. These are some of my favorite spiders. They are so colorful and their webs are fascinating. I really like the repost with the yellow intensified on the abdomen. I feel that the spider could use more room. You have some interesting portions of their unusual web on the diagonal and including more of that would give the spider some room as well as to bring in a very nice diagonal element.

Linda

Bob Miller
10-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Hi! like the repost! Well done with this image!

Dave Johnson
10-14-2012, 01:36 AM
A bit tight in the frame but overall a good solid image of a great looking spider. I prefer the OP as the yellows in the re-post look a little unnatural. I've never seen this species though so not sure of the true colouration.

Jonathan Ashton
10-15-2012, 02:22 PM
The repost looks better to me but I too suspect that the colours are perhaps a little over-saturated?? The suggestion over extra space I think is good as it would also permit a little more of the zig-zag webbing. Was the light very strong or did you perhaps use flash? With images like this it is always worthwhile checking the results on the camera screen to see if you have any over or underexposed area and then you can modify the camera exposure settings accordingly.