PDA

View Full Version : Rudy

Gus Cobos
04-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Mr. Rudy resides in the main lake at Pine Crest Gardens. Rudy posed for me and my Nikon D200 and Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-f/5.6G
focal length @ 250mm / exposure mode aperture priority / matrix metering / 1/320sec - f/5
ISO @ 400 / exposure comp @ 0EV / white balance @ auto / AF Mode @ AF-S /
color mode @ sRGB / tone comp @ 0 / hue adjustment @ 0 / saturation factor @ 0
no flash / no tripod /

Comments greatly appreciated...:D

Harold Davis
04-23-2008, 04:48 PM
you got a good looking green head there, gus!! he does look a tad soft on my screen. maybe a little USM would make this one pop.

Alfred Forns
04-23-2008, 05:38 PM
Hi Gus !!!! Did you name that fine mallard Rudy I like it !!! I tend to give all birds names !!!

Agree with Harold on the sharpness You might have had the center point on the center of the duck? Just to the right of center in the middle seems to be the sharpest part of the image !!! Remember to lock and recompose !!!

I like the tight framing but don't like the position of the eye Seems too close to the upper edge Prominent parts of the bird like the eyes need to fit in with the rule of thirds Have bringing up or using rules but they actually serve a purpose and are a good guide !!!!!

I like the head angle and sun angle. Head feathers sure look good. Not sure what happened to the feathers below the white ring? Very low in contrast !!! .... almost forgot Lined up well for the bg !!!!

Bruce Gove
04-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Agree with Al about the position of the eye in this image - can't really put my finger on why it looks odd - it just does...That being said, I really love the blue and green colors !!

Bruce

Julie Kenward
04-23-2008, 08:50 PM
I think he's gorgeous! He might be a tad "soft" but I really like this one.