PDA

View Full Version : Red Fox

DanWalters
01-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Captured this fox this morning. Wanted to get more enviromental images. The area where this fox was hanging out, however, there was just too much clutter to make a clean image.
So I used a bigger lens to isolate the fox more. Thanks for looking.

Canon 1D Mark2
Sigma 500mm f/4.5 lens
Gitzo tripod
Metering +1/3 stop
RAW image

Steve Fauer
01-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Nice. Maybe crop a bit off the bottom, especially snow is blown out and maybe even a tad off the left.

Robert Amoruso
01-05-2008, 06:58 PM
I would definitely take more of the bottom. I like the foot up position. Great detail in the fox and tack sharp on the head and eye.

DanWalters
01-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I cropped this one and it does look better.

Alfred Forns
01-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Excellent re post It does make a difference Big Congrats !!!!!

D. Robert Franz
01-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Dan, I know the area you captured this fox image and your correct on the clutter for making environmetal images.. This is a very nice image, I like the implied motion into the frame. The cropping suggestions from the others were right on.

Jasper Doest
01-07-2008, 04:40 AM
Dan, you're on the right track....this fox images already tells more of a story than the frame filling ones. I agree that this background wasn't ideal for environmental images....but this works quite well. Although the exposure on the snow is excellent, the whites on the head seem a bit hot. (The Metering +1/3 stop doesn't add any information unless you say what kind of measurement you took).

soleynicola
01-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Really achieved the result.. hard similar colours/tones in the back ground to the fox its self.. excellent focus.
and so love the whole way the image is composed.. enviable shot and beautiful..!

N :)