PDA

View Full Version : Willet On the Go

Cheryl Arena Molennor
10-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Hi everyone. I have been a little busy lately and havn't posted for a few weeks but I had a great day today so I wanted to share. Got a chance to run to Ft DeSoto with great light and some pretty birds . I ended up belly down in about four feet deep of water handholding to get these bathers. That's my kind of fun.
Canon 1DMIV 300mm 2.8L IS w 1.4
ISO 640 f7.1@1/3200
Cropped to vertical.

Jim Crosswell
10-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Excellent image Cheryl. I like the wing position, pose, IQ, exposure, BG and water colour.

Marina Scarr
10-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Terrific pose, exposure and details here. I think I might consider a closer crop bottom and right. The only thing I wish for, and you probably do too, is a little catch light, but not always possible in high light. The subtle blues of your water works well with this subject.

David Salem
10-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Great exposure and details in the whites. Cool stretching pose and wing position. Nice comp too. Good job all the way around..

dankearl
10-09-2012, 09:21 PM
This is really good, the wings are terrific, sharp, nice exposure, a really nice photo.

gareth thomson
10-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Pretty darn dramatic and lovely tones.

Troy Lim
10-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Terrific, wish I have that shot in my collection.

Don Lacy
10-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Love the pose Cheryl, wonderful wing detail. I like Marina sugestions on the crop but I also like this version.

arash_hazeghi
10-10-2012, 12:40 AM
sweet pose and nice details Cheryl! I agree with Marina re catchlight.

Stu Bowie
10-10-2012, 12:43 AM
Hi Cheryl, getting down and wet has paid off here, and well timed for the extended wings. Exposure looks good, as does the sharpness, and love the softer blues of the water.

Craig Brelsford
10-10-2012, 12:45 AM
Every aspect is pleasing; you show control throughout. Nice soft blue on the water and sky (you had good light, indeed), and strong details on the willet.

Robert Holguin
10-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Stunning shot!!!
Just love the wing position, excellent low angle, and exposed very well.
Well done.

Shawn Zierman
10-10-2012, 03:00 AM
Awesome willet image. The pose is super deluxe and very sharp.
I can see the point about the catchlight, but the pose trumps the importance
of it here imo.

Karl Egressy
10-10-2012, 06:17 AM
The greatest pose you can ever capture, Cheryl. Great picture in all aspect.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
10-10-2012, 06:52 AM
sweet pose and nice details Cheryl! I agree with Marina re catchlight.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback and suggestions. Marina and Arash I cropped tight to show that there is a catchlite and I even tried to lighten it up. In full version it isn't visible so what should I do with it? I promise you this is not an added catchlite but does look it to me. Maybe its because of where it is that you dont see it? Any suggestions?

Daniel Cadieux
10-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Excellent!! Very strong image. Wicked pose, details, and lovely shade of blue for the water. I'm glad you have a catchlight in the close-up, but I'd enhance it for web display (try making it bigger) just because that is where your image will have the most exposure to the public and you want it looking as best as it could.

Grace Scalzo
10-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Cheryl, Welcome back, I missed your images. This is a beauty, sharp all the way though, with a great pose and complimentary colors. Really a pleasing photograph.

Lorant Voros
10-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Awesome image with the pose and great tecs. Good you have a catchlight that would show on a print for sure. Dan's advice can work to help presenting it for web. Great great work. Well done.

gail bisson
10-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Love the wing pose and the crop and the way the waves of brown fan out from the bird.
I would definitely add the catchlight if your ethics allow ( it is there anyway-it just needs some augmenting!)
Gail

Melissa Groo
10-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Great to see you posting again, Cheryl. Just love that wing position and that continuous, dreamy background. And that LOW ANGLE! Of course. Just fantastic. Someday I have to get to Fort DeSoto with you, hopefully this winter.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
10-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Great to see you posting again, Cheryl. Just love that wing position and that continuous, dreamy background. And that LOW ANGLE! Of course. Just fantastic. Someday I have to get to Fort DeSoto with you, hopefully this winter.

Thanks everyone. Melissa you HAVE to go this winter.

Peter Seidel
10-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Terrific. Just a killer pose. A bit more catchlight would be nice, but this image is great as is. The only changes I'd make would be a slight increase in contrast, and a blacks adjustment for a bit more definition in the body and wings.

Pete