04-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Pilansburg South Africa
Canon 30d
Lens Used Canon 70-200 f2.8 @ 200mm
f/6.3 @ 1/300 sec
Exposure -1
ISO: 400
Taken from car window, self drive.
Here is another sight in South Africa to show your images if interested.
www.perfectpictures.co.za (http://www.perfectpictures.co.za)
There are some amaing Avian and Wildlif Images<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Roman Kurywczak
04-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Hi Peter,
The exposure here is perfect. It's a little green on my monitor......but the most distracting is the BG..........even though it shows environment. I probably would have prefereed the whole base of the tree on the right........as that would have added to the lioness coming out of the brush.
Roman

Vincent Grafhorst
04-23-2008, 11:16 PM
Hi Peter, I like the focussed expression of this lioness and its pose in this typical Pilanesberg landscape. Not a great environment to isolate the subject, maybe opening up would have helped a bit, but it does show it in its habitat. The OOF branch in front on the left is what does bother me. I think the green of the young grass is realistically presented here.

Robert Amoruso
04-24-2008, 07:12 AM
I am not worried about BG in these types of images - unless it is really something awful looking, though not the case here, but agree that opening up the image some, especially right to show the tree might have anchored the image better as suggested.

The lion looks great - posture, exposure, position in frame. Nice work.

Alfred Forns
04-24-2008, 07:41 AM
Love the pose and concentrated look !!! bg is fine for me and noticed the branch after Vincent pointed it out Bothersome after you see it !!! Very appealing image and I like it a lot !!!

Peter Buntman
04-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the feedback all, As for image I waited for about 30 min just for her to come into the open as there is no off road driving, the folaige sometimes gets in the way, For anyone who knows the Pilansberg this would go down as an amazing sighting.

Sabyasachi Patra
04-25-2008, 03:23 AM
I like this image. The lion springs out of the image, so to speak. The pose, the colour, sharpness and framing is nice. The branches, both in focus or out of focus are fine with me. For me, this image works.