PDA

View Full Version : Wood stork, tight portrait

Dennis Zaebst
10-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Taken at Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary. This bird was looking at me as though to say..."Is there a problem here?"

Canon EOS 50D, ISO 400, EF 70-200 f/4L IS at 200 mm, f/5.6, 1/3200 sec, handheld. Cropped to about 75% of the original frame. Post in LR 4.2. Used the adjustment brush and toned down the highlights in the beak. Otherwise standard post with some sharpening, shadows, clarity, and noise adjustments.

Many birds were out feeding that afternoon, as the water levels were low, and the fishin' was easy...

C/C always welcomed and encouraged.

Best regards,
Dennis

Joe Senzatimore
10-09-2012, 05:48 AM
Not the best face for a portrait , but well done . Nice comp. and good exposure. perhaps just a bit more room on the bottom.

Daniel Cadieux
10-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Now that is a close encounter! Lots of fun textures and details to look at here on the featherless face. Good job with the whites. I would prefer more room bottom and right as the crop feels tight.

gail bisson
10-09-2012, 05:52 PM
I love how ugly these guys are.
Good exposure on the whites.
Excellent IQ as well.
I would like a bit more room on the bottom and right.
I like the blues and the greens in the BG. Gives a nice pop of color,
Gail

Nancy Bell
10-09-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm with Gail on this one. Ugly is very photogenic with great details and good expression. I also agree with the suggested room on the bottom and right.

Craig Brelsford
10-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Imaginative portrait; you're making me miss the USA with this one. At my parents' house in Volusia County, Fla., you can walk right up to these guys at the retaining ponds, and sandhill cranes walk through my parents' front yard. I'm not sure adding more room would improve the image; it's an in-your-face kind of shot.

Robert Holguin
10-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Excellent portrait!!
Exposed very well, details are superb, nice background, and agree on the crop.
Well done.

Nico Steenberg
10-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Great close up detail and exposure. Nice IMG !