PDA

View Full Version : Jewel Beetle.

Satish Ranadive
10-08-2012, 02:14 AM
Taken yesterday morning. First time I have photographed this beetle belonging to family Buprestidae.
I liked its colors so much; I thought to share it. Cropped and sharpened. One OOF branch just above the perch is removed in background.

ISO: 640, 1/1250 @ F: 7.1.Evaluating metering. Exposure bias: 0.
White balance: Auto. HH. Canon: 550D, 400mm.

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

christopher galeski
10-08-2012, 05:19 AM
nice one Satish,can see why they call it a jewel beetle,nice BG,the beetle is nice and sharp,if mine,may do something with the vertical piece of thestick.thanks.

Jonathan Ashton
10-08-2012, 08:49 AM
I like the image Satish he really is a colourful subject. I suggest you have a close look however at the perimeter of the subject - particularly so on the antenna - see it? you have a sharpening halo - you can also see it around the branch. I would also look at the junction of the green and almost beige area above the upright twig - perhaps do a little brushing or patching around there.

Satish Ranadive
10-08-2012, 09:25 AM
I like the image Satish he really is a colourful subject. I suggest you have a close look however at the perimeter of the subject - particularly so on the antenna - see it? you have a sharpening halo - you can also see it around the branch. I would also look at the junction of the green and almost beige area above the upright twig - perhaps do a little brushing or patching around there.

Thanks a lot for the comments, I haven't done processing of such images...I could not noticed the halo around the beetle and perch.I think,I have to reprocess it.
I have lot of images of this beetle with me.I will be careful in reprocessing them.

Regards,
Satish.

Satish Ranadive
10-08-2012, 09:26 AM
nice one Satish,can see why they call it a jewel beetle,nice BG,the beetle is nice and sharp,if mine,may do something with the vertical piece of thestick.thanks.

Thank you very much for the kind comments.I will clone the vertical branch.

Regards,
Satish.

Jerry van Dijk
10-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Very nice capture of this wonderful beetle, Satish! If this were mine, I'd crop a little off the right and apply some extra noise reduction to the BG. I'm quite okay with the vertical branch on the stick.
Very well done!

Steve Maxson
10-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Hi Satish. What a beautiful beetle! I like the colors, sharpness, comp, and background. You have some good comments above to consider - tweaks that will make this strong image even better! :S3:

Satish Ranadive
10-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Hi Satish. What a beautiful beetle! I like the colors, sharpness, comp, and background. You have some good comments above to consider - tweaks that will make this strong image even better! :S3:

Thank you very much for your kind comments.I will definitely implement all suggestions by BPN members.

Regards,
Satish.

Marina Scarr
10-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Cool look beetle with superb colors. Agree on the stick pointing upwards being a bit distracting.

Bob Miller
10-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi Satish....I don't see the sharpening halos on my monitor....looks fine to me...great color and bg handled nicely. I would clone or at least tone down the upright twig piece.

Christopher Schlaf
10-15-2012, 06:09 AM
Very well done

Tony Fernando
01-25-2013, 02:29 AM
Great macro work with details.

Satish Ranadive
01-25-2013, 02:33 AM
Great macro work with details.

Thank you, Tony.I am happy that you liked it.

Regards,
Satish.