PDA

View Full Version : Lake Placid (Everglades)

Rich Ikerd
01-05-2008, 02:37 PM
View across the Lake Placid (how many Lake Placids are there in the USA??) in Everglades City, Florida (western side of Everglades National Park).
D2X, 24-85mm

Robert Amoruso
01-05-2008, 07:13 PM
I thought you meant NY Rich.

Nice color and composition. The bottom FG is a bit OOF. You did not give the f/stop but when I do this type of shot, I will stop down as much as possible and crop out any OOF FG later. Thanks for putting the location as that is very helpful.

Paul Marcellini
01-06-2008, 11:20 AM
The only alpenglow we get down here. I love the tone and how the blue strip of rippled water separates the background from the spit. I might crop up a bit, which I think would emphasize the reflections better.

Paul

Jason Hahn
01-07-2008, 06:25 AM
I like Paul's suggestion of a slight crop, and that would take care of the oof issue Robert mentioned. The reflections are what really catch my eye in this image, the water just still enough to give you the strong lines of the trunks, but blurred enough that you aren't trying to make out details like it was a mirror. I would consider some working with the clouds a little and adding a touch of contrast to the undersides to bring a little more "drama" into the sky.

Jason