PDA

View Full Version : Tree Pipit.

Satish Ranadive
10-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Taken few months back. Cropped, sharpened and denoised. Selectively sharpen the head.
Few OOF branches below the perch are removed. Background is half dried plants.

ISO: 250, 1/640 @ F: 5.6.Evaluating metering. Exposure bias: +0.3.
White balance: Auto. HH. Canon: 550D, 400mm.

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

Randy Stout
10-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Satish:

Nice colors, good look back pose, love the talon sticking down.

Sharpening on the head is excellent, perhaps a sliver overdone on the back, perhaps because of the different feather texture there.

I would consider moving him just a sliver to the right in the frame.

Cheers

Randy

mohammad reza shahab
10-05-2012, 08:02 AM
hi satish
very nice Light , pose and BG.

Diane Miller
10-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Pleasing color palette, great pose. I agree about the sharpening -- a little overdone on the back. Best settings vary with the image size and output.

I'd consider reducing brightness and contrast on the branch on the left a little.

David Salem
10-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Satish, Very nice details on this one. Great BG, HA and pose. All around clean work!

Stu Bowie
10-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Hi Satish, good lookback pose, and you have achieved good DOF on the pipit. You have brought out the detail so well, and just love the complimentary BG. Another fine image from you.

Daniel Cadieux
10-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Nice look-back pose, super BG and good thin perch. A agree the sharpening looks a bit much on the back, and I'd be tempted to boost the contrast (or midtones) and saturation a bit.

Munish Kaushik
10-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Very nice frame Satish. Love the perch, HA & talons. I agree with Randy, its looks a bit over sharpened on the back & more so because of fine feather detail in there.

Thanks for sharing

Regards,
Munish Kauhik

Karl Egressy
10-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Nice pose, sharpness and details , Satish. Great PP. work.

Kaustubh Deshpande
10-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Satish, excellent head position and detailes. BG and perch are nice as well.

If mine, I'd crop it so that the bird is little to the right and a bit lower in the frame.

gail bisson
10-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Hi Satish,
I really like the simplicity of this shot.
Agree about the sharpening.
I would take a bit off the bottom as well and move the bird to the left,
Gail

Arthur Morris
10-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Perfect head angle and d-o-f for the over-the-shoulder pose. I am not so sure about the over-sharpening of the back--the feathers there are more worn than the head feathers; that may account for what folks are perceiving. Loverly BKGR. Agree with Randy--with this looking-left pose moving the bird well to our right might work out better.

Randy Stout
10-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Artie:

Thanks for the point about the worn plumage perhaps giving the impression of over sharpening that I noted.

Randy

Satish Ranadive
10-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Perfect head angle and d-o-f for the over-the-shoulder pose. I am not so sure about the over-sharpening of the back--the feathers there are more worn than the head feathers; that may account for what folks are perceiving. Loverly BKGR. Agree with Randy--with this looking-left pose moving the bird well to our right might work out better.

Arthur Sir,
Thank you very much for your kind comments and point about worn feathers.
Attached is original image; Raw file directly converted to jpg,cropped saved to 800 pixels.

Satish.

Satish Ranadive
10-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Thank you all for your kind comments.

Regards,
Satish.

Craig Brelsford
10-06-2012, 08:19 PM
I studied the image before scrolling through the comments, and what stood out to me were the nice lookback pose, the good DOF, the clean, simple composition, and the over-sharpness. For whatever reason, the bird appeared too dry, too crispy. Great work, by the way, on getting rid of the branches below the perch.

Juan Carlos Vindas
10-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Satish. Very nice looking bird, nice pose and light. I really enjoy seen the work you did on lower branches. I find this one sharp enough. :)