PDA

View Full Version : Don't Remember Posting This Here...

Arthur Morris
10-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Correct me if I am wrong....

Adult Black Skimmer chasing juvenile. Nickerson Beach, NY with the hand held Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS, the 1.4X III TC, and the EOS-1D Mark IV. ISO 400. Evaluative metering +2/3 stop off the low blue sky: 1/1600 sec. at f/8.

Don't be shy; all comments welcome.

ps: see the original here (http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2012/09/09/the-chase/).

Grace Scalzo
10-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Even if you did post it before, it's worth another look. Tricky image to create with both birds in focus. Dynamic action, great background. You know I'm not one for alot of clean up, but the one bright sprig of grass does get my attention and I would modify it. Your shutter speed was really really fast. :w3

Munish Kaushik
10-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Guru ji, What a fantastic image there. Love the way both the birds are in focus, the wing positions of the birds is wow.... and I agree that ss was too fast :-)

Jack Breakfast
10-05-2012, 01:27 AM
Funny! Pretty sure the shutter speed was a typo. This looks very familiar to me; it was exquisite the first time around as well. Unless of course I've lost my mind (which is entirely possible) and I haven't seen this picture before, but I'm quite sure I have, perhaps on your site? Anyhow: it's painterly and warm. The action and details are amazing! Great color palette here, a most lovable image, o yes...

Frank Schauf
10-05-2012, 03:37 AM
A great dynamic situation, congratulations.

Arthur Morris
10-05-2012, 04:32 AM
Funny! Pretty sure the shutter speed was a typo. This looks very familiar to me; it was exquisite the first time around as well. Unless of course I've lost my mind (which is entirely possible) and I haven't seen this picture before, but I'm quite sure I have, perhaps on your site? Anyhow: it's painterly and warm. The action and details are amazing! Great color palette here, a most lovable image, o yes...

No, that's my secret new camera. Only kidding. I was tired. It is fixed now. (!/16,000 > 1/1600). Thanks.

Arthur Morris
10-05-2012, 04:33 AM
Even if you did post it before, it's worth another look. Tricky image to create with both birds in focus. Dynamic action, great background. You know I'm not one for alot of clean up, but the one bright sprig of grass does get my attention and I would modify it. Your shutter speed was really really fast. :w3

Thanks Grace. I left that one for two reasons: 1- to balance the composition. 2- To avoid the two perfect look.... Do take a look at the original. I missed your shutter speed :S3:.... Got it now.

Marina Scarr
10-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Very pleasing image, Artie. I think you had this on your blog which is why it looks so familiar. Love that sprig of grass as it adds to the comp and environmental feel.

Satish Ranadive
10-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Arthur Sir:
Wonderful frame with wonderful bird's chase and background.Love it.

Regards,
Satish.

Jonathan Ashton
10-05-2012, 09:38 AM
The image looks familiar but I enjoy looking at it anyway. The detail is remarkable and the positioning is superb.
I haven't seen these bird up close so I may well be wrong but is the contrast in the birds a little too high? The colours appear very dense for want of a better word. This could be me of course not having seen any bird let a lone a skimmer in decent sunlight for several months now!!

Nico Steenberg
10-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Great action and interaction captured. Opportunity well used. I like the comp and DOf. Subjects is sharp and well exposed. Well done !

Kaustubh Deshpande
10-05-2012, 04:22 PM
One heck of a shot, Artie. Stunning. nice DOF coverage to get both the birds and you still managed to get a beautiful creamy BG. Loved the comp....the spacing is perfect IMO.

Karl Egressy
10-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Great action/interaction shot, Artie. The juvi has a great banking pose, and the open beaks and intensity tell the story. Nice for-and background too.

Bill Dix
10-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Love it. (Must have missed it the first time around.) Amazing to get great wing positions, head angles and open beaks on both birds, with both sharp. And good BG.

Arthur Morris
10-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Love it. (Must have missed it the first time around.) Amazing to get great wing positions, head angles and open beaks on both birds, with both sharp. And good BG.

Actually, I like the wing position of the juvie better than that of the adult--the latter is a bit too flat....

Robert Holguin
10-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Terrific shot. Excellent action captured, very nice light, excellent comp, wonderful background, and I really like the flight poses on both birds.
Very well done.

arash_hazeghi
10-10-2012, 12:51 AM
must have missed this one. really sweet