PDA

View Full Version : which tripod do you you use for your heavy lenses? Anyone using Induro CT-213 or 214 with their heavy lenses?

Amol Khedgikar
10-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Hi,

Wanted to know if these tripods can really support the heavy weights like canon 600mm (oloder) or the 800mm comfortably?

Also, should I trust their specifications when they say 12 kg etc ? with the full wimberly and the older canon 600mm the set up will be still under 10 kg. is that a comfortable margin?

Thanks in advance for your time and all your replies.

Amol

John Chardine
10-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Hi Amol- I used Gitzo Systematic 3000 series legs for my old 500/4 and I am sure they would have worked great with the old 600 and the current 800. Tripod and tripod head companies seem to under-rate their products in terms of what they will carry so that you will be tempted to go with a heavier duty, more expensive, and heavier-to-carry model.

Amol Khedgikar
10-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Hi Amol- I used Gitzo Systematic 3000 series legs for my old 500/4 and I am sure they would have worked great with the old 600 and the current 800. Tripod and tripod head companies seem to under-rate their products in terms of what they will carry so that you will be tempted to go with a heavier duty, more expensive, and heavier-to-carry model.

So is it safe to assume that maxing out the load capacity is a good thing?