PDA

View Full Version : Grey Seal " I am the Winner"

Andreas Liedmann
10-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Photographed this seals at play on the beach of Helgoland,the only island of Germany that is situated far from the mainland.
There is a growing breeding colony living for some years now, and they live on the same beach where humans are sunbathing and doing other stuff.

Canon 1D MK IV
EF 500 IS L
HH lying on the beach

F 8 / 1/1000 sec / ISO 640

Processed in RPP + PS ; cropped to 80% of FF ; cloned out some catchlights on the upper seal.

Thanks for watching and commenting

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
10-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Hi Andreas - fun pose and comp with good pov. I like the flipper placement of the one lying down too. The drop of water on the face almost looks like a tear. There seems to be a halo around the head, nose and down from there.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
10-05-2012, 03:45 AM
Fun pose indeed and I like the moment, Andreas. Don't mind the central placement too.
Why did you clone out catchlights? To me it seems like there's NO catchlight now? :e3

Steve Kaluski
10-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Hi Andreas, can't really add much more to the above. Perhaps applying one of your Tony K's masks might bring in a bit more depth to the subject, but also just watch your masking around the subject, just seems even at this size some artifacts I think? Just look along the flippers and under the chin, but as i say, it might be my eyes. :w3

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
10-06-2012, 04:33 AM
Thanks Guys for watching and leaving comment .
The halo is coming from using a LCE script , i thought it would not come out at this size.So next time i will just mask this out.
Morkel regarding the catchlights , they have been quite large , instead of toning them down i just cloned them out.

Cheer Andreas