PDA

View Full Version : Sugar and Spice

Maureen Allen
10-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Had a blast today rounding up "girl" things to create this image. I need to return some shoes to their owners tomorrow :bg3:

John Storjohann
10-04-2012, 06:30 AM
This is beautifully crafted, Maureen....I could easily see this hanging in a little girl's room, or as the cover of a Hallmark card. I might be tempted to "soften" the middle image a smidge...either with a glow or a blur, or by maybe lowering the contrast...but that's a matter of personal taste...great concept, and well done!

denise ippolito
10-04-2012, 07:46 AM
I agree with John, this would make a great Hallmark card showing the different stages of a girl's life. I might try to deepen the color of the doll at the top (just a touch) to balance out the overall flow- of course that is just my opinion. Very creative triptych, you did a great job with the mini scenes- fantastic work!!

Maureen Allen
10-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Thanks John and Denise for the suggestions. I was a little amazed at how difficult it was to get these three scenes to "flow", so your input is very helpful.

Nancy Bell
10-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Maureen, this is beautifully created and executed! The shades of pink & cream are so lovely. I agree that the pink in the doll could be deeper to match the shoes in the following frames.

Dennis Bishop
10-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Very nicely done. I like the pinks and browns together, including the border. The triangular setup in each segment is a great touch in terms of composition and very well done. The sequence of shoes, top to bottom, is just wonderful. The change from lighter tones at the top to darker ones at the bottom seems like a good idea to me because it helps to ground the image, which is probably more important in one that's vertical.

Maureen Allen
10-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Thanks so much for all the helpful suggestions. Here's a repost incorporating your advice.

Mitch Carucci
10-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Very well conceived. Not surprising it was a difficult image. Hard to get all the elements to work well together, and you really did!

denise ippolito
10-04-2012, 03:06 PM
It looks great Maureen!

Andrew McLachlan
10-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Hi Maureen, this is fabulous. The repost does it for me. You did excellent work arranging the elements I the photos too. I have a ton of girl things that my 5 year old has out grown, I will gladly send them all down to you if you like :bg3:

Cheryl Slechta
10-04-2012, 06:37 PM
The repost looks perfect, Maureen. It's definitely Hallmark material:S3: It must have been a lot of work but it really paid off - the shoes and object in each image fit perfectly. And I really like the combination of colors. Well done!

Paul Lagasi
10-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen we have a winner...well thought out images, just the right amount of color...very well done

Indranil Sircar
10-06-2012, 02:20 AM
Very creative, Maureen! Love the color and the frames. Excellent processing!

Anita Bower
10-14-2012, 01:29 PM
Excellent. Most creative of you. The second post is just right. And, Congratulations, well done.