PDA

View Full Version : Look Mom

Troy Lim
10-03-2012, 09:51 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8459/8052276112_54dc5c6f9f_b.jpg

Mommy, look, I can do it better than my 5 siblings!
I don't have anymore room on top, thus this version of crop.

Camera Nikon D3S
Exposure 0.002 sec (1/500)
Aperture f/6.3
Focal Length 600 mm
ISO Speed 1600
Exposure Bias +2/3 EV
Flash No Flash

Robert Holguin
10-04-2012, 01:11 AM
Very nice shot. Excellent timing, nice head angles, nice light details. Feels a tad tight and I would have liked for the eye membrane to not be there.
Still a great shot.
well done.

Randy Stout
10-04-2012, 07:15 AM
Troy:
Excellent timing on the chicks eating. Based on the pattern of grasses at the top, it would be pretty easy to add a sliver more canvas up there so it didn't seem so tight. From a story telling point of view, would be nice if the adult was looking more directly at the chick, but sometimes they just don't cooperate.

Well exposed.

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
10-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Good interaction and action. I like the vertical comp, but you could try adding canvas. I don't mind the nictitating membrane on the chick as it is obviously attempting a tough swallow with the food item and that adds to it IMO. I do find the adult's face and eye could use more contrast...it seems as if there was a faint OOF object in front of it? I'd also try adding a bit of red to the colour balance, seems a bit too greenish overall. Superb opportunity, well done documenting it!

Troy Lim
10-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Good interaction and action. I like the vertical comp, but you could try adding canvas. I don't mind the nictitating membrane on the chick as it is obviously attempting a tough swallow with the food item and that adds to it IMO. I do find the adult's face and eye could use more contrast...it seems as if there was a faint OOF object in front of it? I'd also try adding a bit of red to the colour balance, seems a bit too greenish overall. Superb opportunity, well done documenting it!

Thank you all. Daniel, you are a true pro for sure. :) Yes, it was OOF grass gets in the way. There was not room to move, my left was against a steep hill, my right was in the water. I will add more canvas on top for show purpose. Thank you all.