PDA

View Full Version : Despair

Cheryl Slechta
10-03-2012, 04:08 PM
The forum has been dormant for a long time - hopefully we can awaken it:S3:

denise ippolito
10-03-2012, 07:58 PM
It's beautiful Cheryl, the colors and soft flow work so well together with the words. The fading text makes you take a closer look and carefully read each word. Nicely done. You are the perfect person to awaken this forum!

Maureen Allen
10-04-2012, 12:17 AM
Beautiful, Cheryl.

Grace Scalzo
10-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Wonderful image and words, Cheryl.

Cary Ader
10-08-2012, 05:36 AM
Everything in this works wonderfully together. A great blur, and tasteful use of text.

Cheryl Slechta
10-08-2012, 06:20 AM
Thanks, Denise, Maureen, and Grace. And thank you, Cary - it's great to see you at BPN!!!:S3:

Dennis Bishop
10-28-2012, 10:41 AM
You did a wonderful job on this, Cheryl. The image, itself is beautiful. I like the composition, the colors, the diagonal, the slight blur, and its almost mesmerizing quality. You made the words fit well, too. The extra space before "peace" not only results in a fitting hesitation in processing the text but it puts the word in a part of the image that is less dynamic than the region above. The message is beautifully crafted, too. Very nice work.

Marina Scarr
11-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Nice to see you moderating this forum, Cheryl. I like the choice of image very much and your choice of font. Your picture illustrates your words so well. Did you mean diaphanous with an "a"?

Cheryl Slechta
11-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Marina, I did! Thanks for catching the misspelling. I fixed the spelling and uploaded it to replace the original.

Nice to see you moderating this forum, Cheryl. I like the choice of image very much and your choice of font. Your picture illustrates your words so well. Did you mean diaphanous with an "a"?

Dawn Miller
01-09-2013, 12:43 PM
A beautiful photo and beautiful words that flow along with the flowing image. I love the repetition of the "L" sound throughout the text. Like a lullaby. It fits well with the impression I get of something being born in the photo. Thanks, Dawn

Diane Miller
08-24-2013, 03:06 PM
I had seen this forum listed but never went into it before -- so much to see on BPN! Your image is gorgeous!!

I'll see if I can get inspired to come up with something. I have words for one but have to shoot the image first!! May take a while....

Cheryl Slechta
08-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Hi, Diane, thanks so much. I persuaded James to leave this Forum active but unfortunately, I've contributed very little for awhile. It's funny, sometimes an image will inspire me to add words (such as this one) and sometimes it will be words that will send me searching for an image (see my previous post with an Emily Dickinson quote as an example). Hopefully, I can conjure up something soon and I hope you will too. Kerry used to be a regular contributor also so maybe I can persuade him to work on something. It would be a shame for it to go away because sometimes i think we all need a place to put our thoughts into form:S3:

Gabriela Plesea
03-15-2015, 02:16 PM
Love this, the words somehow remind me of the small space I occupy and bring about emotions that benefit my soul. Very comforting and inspiring, enjoyed viewing and reading, very much - thank you.

Kind regards,