PDA

View Full Version : White-throated Sparrow in the snow.

Janet Heintz
10-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Hi All,

I was looking through my images the other day and found this one that I thought was kind of neat.
I used photoshop first to take out and distracting branches and things and then moved it over to
topaz detail and adjust. Gave a little pencil drawing feel
I liked the little shadow under the bird in the snow. :)

Comments Always Welcome
Enjoy
Janet

Cheryl Slechta
10-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Janet, I like the simplicity of the image. I think I'd prefer that you could see his other leg and a slight crop from the bottom.

denise ippolito
10-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Janet, I think Cheryl makes some good points. Love the all white background, makes me wish for winter. The pose and details are nice too. I love your sig!

Indranil Sircar
10-03-2012, 12:53 AM
Janet, I too like the simplicity of the image. Agree with Cheryl regarding the leg. Very nice processing and TFS.

Dave Woeller
10-03-2012, 07:40 AM
Hi Janet, I'll have to give another vote for the other leg, he just looks a bit off balance. I also have to agree that the simplicity is wonderful and the processing is excellent. Did he have a seed in his beak? I might try to clean that up a bit, but I'm not sure.

Paul Lagasi
10-03-2012, 12:31 PM
I agree with Cheryl on the legs, Denise nothing makes me wish for winter :Whoa!:, nice image and pose on the bird...nice work

Mitch Carucci
10-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Nice simplicity. We get these guys in winter, and they add a wonderful little touch of color to the winter scene.

Janet Heintz
10-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments. I see what you mean about the other leg it was buried in the snow.
Janet

Randall Farhy
10-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Hi Janet, I really like the post work on this piece. While subtle, the effect presents well. I bet this prints incredibly well on textured paper. Concur with a minor crop from the bottom right/top left. As for the missing leg-would've been nice if it were visible...however, it's absence doesn't really hurt the image as a representation of the scene. Nicely done.