PDA

View Full Version : Snowy with a meal

Paul Marcellini
01-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Nothing original but I love these sequence shots and this is my best to date. CS3's auto-align is so improved.

Thanks for looking,
Paul

20d 100-400@260mm f6.3 iso400 1/1600

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2293/2076538392_762aa2e447_o.jpg

Robert Amoruso
01-05-2008, 08:25 PM
This is working well for me Paul. Only thing I would do is crop more off the bottom.

George DeCamp
01-05-2008, 08:35 PM
I like this too Paul, agree with a little off the bottom too.Pretty neat what you can do with CS3 and a couple nice images!

Ed Prete
01-05-2008, 09:39 PM
I would agree, take more off the bottom. possibly as much as up to the middle of the concentric circle on the bottom. You nailed two ideal wing positions. Good job on this.

DanWalters
01-06-2008, 12:05 AM
Great shot! Love the light and action.

Jason Hahn
01-06-2008, 06:33 AM
Two excellent images of the snowy, I like each one very much. Excellent wing positions, love the splash of water, and the techs are right on. But.... just to be the naysayer in the group :), I would rather see them as individual images then in the sequence. To me it looks like one snowy is chasing another (which would be a really cool thing to capture :) ), but I wouldn't have got the sense that it is a sequence of the same bird without you saying so. Did a great job on putting them together to create one image, and I think all it would take to turn it into a sequence for me is just more versions of the snowy added into the scene.

Jason

Paul Marcellini
01-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks everyone. And thanks for the crop, I also think it improves it.

Jason, I see what you mean. I wish I had more to add but the previous frames weren't ideally focused and I ran out of buffer on this last one(20d).

Thanks again everyone.
Paul

Arthur Morris
01-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Cool image and excellen discourse. Later and love, artie

Hillebrand Breuker
01-12-2008, 05:25 AM
Great sequence. I like it a lot. Agree about the crop

Van Hilliard
01-12-2008, 09:35 AM
I'm coming late to this discussion so I'm not sure whether this photo has been recropped in accordance with the advice above or whether it still is as posted. I really like the sequence but would want to make sure that any viewer (as at a show) was aware that it was a composite. If the photo is as originally posted, then I (like Jason) will be a naysayer. Unlike others, I like the space at the bottom. I think it gives perspective and adds to the dynamic feel. A closer crop at the bottom would put the sequence in the middle of the frame and I think it would be less effective as a result. I should say that I often like more space at the bottom of the photo than other photographers do however ( my idiosyncratic view). I also like the reflected color. The effect of this would be reduced with a bottom crop.