PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic Termite Mounds

John Cooper
04-23-2008, 04:59 AM
this is a variation of the same subject presented in the Panorama section.
Not sure if it works any better!

Canon EOS 3, Canon 17-40mm lens, ISO 50, Early morning light, F22, Tripod.

Robert Amoruso
04-23-2008, 07:02 AM
I like this version John. Nice use of perspective to draw the viewer into the image. Though I am OK with the size of the FG mound in the image, I would have preferred to see a bit more room around it especially at the top. Is this a crop or full frame?

Roman Kurywczak
04-23-2008, 08:32 AM
Hi John,
Very nice use of the mounds compositionally. Robert mentioned tight on top of this FG one........I agree. I think this one is very well done.........but I like the pano better,
Roman

Vincent Grafhorst
04-24-2008, 12:00 AM
What an impressive termite mounds John and so different from the ones we are used seeing around this part of the world. I love the composition you chose, creating lots of depth. A bit tight on top indeed, but with that blue sky that can easily be fixed.

John Cooper
04-24-2008, 05:22 AM
I like this version John. Nice use of perspective to draw the viewer into the image. Though I am OK with the size of the FG mound in the image, I would have preferred to see a bit more room around it especially at the top. Is this a crop or full frame?

Thanks all for comments. Yes Robert this is full frame but as Vincent suggested adding some canvas (blue sky) at top wouldn't be a problem.

David Steele
04-24-2008, 02:58 PM
I prefer the panoramic, John. I find this a little cramped and would like a little more 'breathing space' - not only on the top but also on the bottom and the left-hand side.

John Cooper
04-24-2008, 08:49 PM
I prefer the panoramic, John. I find this a little cramped and would like a little more 'breathing space' - not only on the top but also on the bottom and the left-hand side.

I agree David - the composition is just a bit too tight.