PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile Ringed Plover

Simon Wantling
09-30-2012, 01:13 PM
This is one from my recent holiday to Wales in the UK. I re-visited this image. It's a very heavy crop so more of a record shot really, but I was quite pleased how the detail held up. Because of the crop I resized to 800px. In the end I'm quite pleased with the result, especially the warm light from the setting sun.

Canon 7D, 100-400, ISO320, 1/640ss, F5.6, + 2/3 ev. Processed in DPP and PSE10, levels, saturation etc. I had to work on the whites to try and recover those back. Anyway, comments always appreciated.

Karen Forderer
09-30-2012, 04:05 PM
These birds are so cute. I like the ripples in the sand and the low angle of the shot. It's pretty good for a big crop.

Karl Egressy
10-01-2012, 06:57 AM
Lovely bird captured in nice setting, Simon.

Satish Ranadive
10-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Lovely little bird with nice pose.Very nice details with big crop.I like the composition too.

Regards,
Satish.

Daniel Cadieux
10-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Good profile pose, and I like the little mini "dunes". The big crop is starting to show though IMO, with lots more noise than should be at this ISO and the fine detail stretched to their limits. I'd give back some canvas and go for a small-in-the-frame type image with the plover tucked into the LRC (if the scene is clean enough beyond the current framing).

Simon Wantling
10-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I was worried about the effect on image quality considering the crop. Plenty of space to give ack to the image, so will try you suggestion. Thanks.