PDA

View Full Version : Addo Elephant Circus

Andreas Liedmann
09-30-2012, 01:12 PM
Welcome to the Addo Elephant Park , arena is open for gymnastics.
Watched this playful younger elephants in the park,quite funny to watch and no trainer was around, so seems to be they do it, as part of their natural behavior.

Canon EOS 1D MK II
Ef 100-400 at 170 mm
Beanbag

F 5,6 / 1/250sec / ISO 400

Processed in RPP + PS

unfortunately i have no more room around , wish i had gone wider.

WDYT?

Cheers Andreas

Steve Canuel
09-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Who knew elephants gave each other massages? :t3 I like the composition although a touch more room would've been nice. Just needs a touch of lightening in the shadows and a reduction of sharpening for me.

Andreas Liedmann
10-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Hi Steve, think your right about your suggestions for sharpness and shadows.

Reworked the stuff.

Thanks Andreas

Russell Johnson
10-01-2012, 03:43 AM
On my very lousy work monitor....

Love the content of the image, as the interaction is fantastic and the colours from the red soil great.

I would try to bring the whole exposure up a bit - perhaps a curves adjustment minus the 'bright lights' if you use Tony Kupyers luminosity masks.

Steve Kaluski
10-01-2012, 04:16 AM
Hi Andreas, just like children, without a handler they get up to all manner of things. :bg3:

I prefer the RP as per Steve C's observations/comments and it could do with a slight Curves adjustment if you felt inclined, be good to see. However, and you knew there would be a 'however', I might just tame the green a little, I know it can be lush, but it does look a little 'vibrant' I feel. :S3: Wish those two sticks were not there.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
10-01-2012, 04:48 AM
Ok Steve and Russell

here you go done with your suggestions.

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
10-01-2012, 05:16 AM
Andreas, personally I feel that is better, just try dropping the Saturation down to say -20 too. You can always select areas you don't want to touch, but I think it might also help.

Andreas Liedmann
10-01-2012, 05:23 AM
Steve , yes i could do so, but i do not want.Just like it as is now, like it that vivid.

Andreas

Rachel Hollander
10-01-2012, 07:12 AM
Hi Andreas - a fun shot and I think your last repost is best. I also agree with your self-critique that a bit more room around would have improved the image but still a very fine image.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
10-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Love this behaviour Andreas! Your last repost does it for me for all the reasons mentioned. I too don't mind the lush greens as it contrasts nicely with the earthy tones for me.
I really need to get to Addo again, proper place for some elephant photography indeed! :5

Marina Scarr
10-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Last RP is on the money. Love the interaction/behavior here. The lush greens work for me and are a nice contrast to the rest of the scene.