PDA

View Full Version : Brown Hyena 2

Giovanni Frescura
09-30-2012, 10:37 AM
This could be fine for the dust..but the big problem is no space in front!

Jon Rista
09-30-2012, 11:38 AM
Great photo, Giovanni! I do like this crop a bit better than the last one. The tighter framing, and the richer color, just seem more appealing. I agree there is a lack of necessary negative space at the front, and the photo might benefit from a thinner DOF, however its still a great shot. Getting more of that dust trail in-frame really helps.

Steve Kaluski
09-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Hi Giovanni, firstly please read my previous note about sizing, max limit for landscape format is 1024px not 1038px, thanks. :w3

Again, I feel a one degree CCW rotation will help, however your observation about needing more space is correct. I also feel you may have lightened the Hyena, have you? Personally I think I prefer the previous, but all personal taste. Looks like you had fun with this little guy.

Also, please can you add the Exif data and any intro with regard to the image, I think you may have got carried away in wanting to post quickly. :S3:

TFS
Steve

Giovanni Frescura
09-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Hello Steve
I saw with my infan view and it say 1024 not 1038,
I ask your pardon but I no known because this difference. For other upload I will put 1000 to avoid mistake
About exif I no wrote because were the same :
Canon 1D Mark IV
Canon 500 f.4
iso 1600
1/500
f,4
manual setting
Thanks or your notice about rotation..about light I not remember but it could be possible using tonal adjustment.
The big problem is no space in front ...and so I think this shoot is nook!
I have one more..but no post to avoid too much noise!
Thanks a lot to all for your assistance..
Ciao
Gio

Steve Kaluski
09-30-2012, 12:51 PM
Gio, sorry my error, click on your previous one on my desktop, so all is OK, apologies, guess we are both too quick. :e3

I not remember but it could be possible using tonal adjustment.

I think that could be it, just look at the hair/coat that is caught in the bright sun light, back of neck & along the tail, maybe masking it might help?

I have one more..but no post to avoid too much noise!

Your previous post looked good.

Hope you got my note re the previous post.

Morkel Erasmus
10-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Seeing a Brown Hyena this young is a treat in itself, Giovanni! Do you remember at which waterhole in the Kgalagadi this was?
I don't mind the lack of space upfront myself, given the dust trail behind it. It would be hard to pull of both without placing the hyena dead-centre. I agree on the other crits above!