Giovanni Frescura
09-29-2012, 04:27 AM
Canon 1D Mark IV
Canon 500 f.4
Iso 1600
1/5000
f.4
manual setting
Thanks for tips about the shoot and as crop it.
I think crop down also if some dust will be cut..

Rachel Hollander
09-29-2012, 07:57 AM
Hi Giovanni - Really nice to see a brown hyena and you froze his movement well. I don't mind the centered position left to right here because I would not want to lose the kicked up dust to the right. However, I would take about half of the fg out to move the hyena out of the absolute center of the frame. Well done.

TFS,
Rachel

Giovanni Frescura
09-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Hello Rachel
what you means with fg ?

Rachel Hollander
09-29-2012, 04:08 PM
fg=foreground. See this thread for commonly used terms.

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/54768-Acronym-List

Steve Uffman
09-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Giovanni, another nice action shot that is fairly uncommon in my opinion. Rachal's advice is spot on, I think.

Giovanni Frescura
09-30-2012, 03:39 AM
Thanks a lot..but, (off course my english is very bad...)..but , If I have understood Rachel said to cut space in front f hyena to put it out of the centre...but in this case the idea od running will be reduced...I think

Rachel Hollander
09-30-2012, 06:29 AM
No , the foreground is the space below the hyena. Here is a quick repost along the lines of what I was suggesting:

Steve Kaluski
09-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Hi Giovanni, firstly this is a very nice image, love the running action on this and the light is a killer, love it! :cheers:

Compared to recent posting this is a huge improvement, especially at the ISO you were shooting at, very nicely processed. The head with eyes focused, front legs in mid air and the dust being kicked up to the right, all works, your best IMHO. Rachel is right about a crop, but I would go for a pano (long & slim 1024 x 512px). If you CCW rotate by 1.5 degree, keep the crop as you have it, just below that hollow in the foreground and trim on the RHS as you have it, with the top of the image just below the light stone in the original post I think this could work.

BTW - Maximum posting size is 1024px wide, 800px high.:w3
Big congratulations on this one, nice work.

TFS

Ciao
Steve

Giovanni Frescura
09-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Thanks a lot Steve for your words...I am happy.
About your process I will try , also if I am not sure that I had understood..But I hope...
I have also other two shoots made after.
Could I attach them to tihis post for compare or not ?

Steve Kaluski
09-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Hi Giovanni, I think all will become clear to you, don't worry.

I have also other two shoots made after. Could I attach them to tihis post for compare or not ?

Sadly Giovanni the rules only allow you to post one image per thread for critiquing, therefore why not save it and post another time. :S3:

Cheers
steve

Andreas Liedmann
10-01-2012, 01:01 AM
Hi Giovanni,
like the dynamic pose and the lovely colors in the beautiful Kalahari light.
All been said about a crop, would go for a pano ,too.

Cheers Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
10-01-2012, 03:11 PM
I love the pose in this one!!! Dream sighting, Giovanni! I live in Africa and regularly travel to the bush and I have only ever seen 3 brown hyenas and not one youngster...
:Whoa!: