PDA

View Full Version : Scarlet morning glory.

Satish Ranadive
09-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Taken in the last week. Cropped,sharpened and NR applied to BG.

ISO: 2000, 1/500 @ F: 10.0.Evaluating metering. Exposure bias: +0.3.
White balance: Auto. HH. Canon: 550D, 100-400.

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

Jonathan Ashton
09-28-2012, 04:27 PM
A striking image if ever I saw one! The colours are very vivid and on the one hand this makes the picture so notable, on the other perhaps they are a little too saturated and possibly the contrast is a tad high also. It is a matter of personal taste, you may disagree of course - perhaps you really intended to make the image so punchy as it were.
I would also suggest that the highlights are a little too bright, the anthers look very bright . I hope my comments do not appear too negative becasue I do in fact like the image, and unusually for me i do like the very dark - but not black background, it appears to be a very dark green.

Steve Maxson
10-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Hi Satish. The bright red/orange colors really grab one's attention! Good sharpness and I like the diagonal of the comp. I would agree with Jon about the very bright highlights - you might try to tone those down a little if they are not blown. You might also consider cropping a little off the top to move the center of the flower closer to the ROT position and I would suggest another round of nr on the background. Overall, this is nicely done and a few tweaks will make it even better! :S3:

Bob Miller
10-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Hi Satish...I agree that the reds need to be desaturated a bit to bring out more detail. I would also make that Bg nice and black