PDA

View Full Version : Harrier

Corey Hayes
09-27-2012, 09:33 PM
Hey everyone I took this shot two weeks ago and I am pretty happy with it but I would still like feedback if it can be improved.

Canon 7D
500mm f4 IS + 1.4tc on tripod

<tbody>

Exposure 1/2500 sec
Aperture f/7.1
Focal Length 700 mm
ISO Speed 800
Exposure Bias +1 EV

In post I brightened up the underside with the shadows slider in light room , tweaked the vibrancy, then darkened the sky at the top a little. Then cleaned up the noise using Noiseware.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8030/7990169904_467451d810_b.jpg

</tbody>

Robert Holguin
09-28-2012, 12:12 AM
Nice shot. I like the pose, but feel the shawdow on the face is bit much. Or at least for me it is. Other than that I too would be happy with it.
Well done.

Stu Bowie
09-28-2012, 01:15 AM
Hi Corey, good attentive mid flight pose, as he sure seems fixed on something. We have a good view of the far wing, and I feel another round of sharpening will work. Comp wise, I would move the Harrier over to the ULC, so that he can look into more space.

arash_hazeghi
09-28-2012, 01:30 AM
nice catch, this is a juvenile female you got lucky with the head angle but the sun angle was not optimal and details are a bit lacking as a result of those shadows. looking forward to more. TFS

Daniel Cadieux
09-28-2012, 12:00 PM
You got a nice gradient in the sky, and a good pose with the subject looking back...but because of that I'd prefer the subject placed more to the left of the frame (even if it is flying that way). Very subjective of course. The harrier looks quite dark, as mentioned the light angle did not help you much here.

Corey Hayes
09-28-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks guys I will fix it up tonight and see if I can brighten it up a bit more. I am also having an issues with my monitors I just calibrated and they where way off, plus they are 4 years old. I looked at my photos at work and see a big difference so I am not sure what screen to trust. The Dell screens we have at work are good IPS ones that have a pre calibrated SRGB so I am guess its the right version. I am going to look into some new screens for home.