PDA

View Full Version : Eagle in Oil #2

Paul Lagasi
09-26-2012, 07:42 PM
This Golden Eagle was processed using the same technique as the earlier Bald Eagle. I have about 10 more rators to work on and will post the better ones, when they are ready.

I know its right of center but my POI was on the gold feathering.....thanks for looking

Dennis Bishop
09-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Seeing your eagle images makes me better appreciate how magnificent they are. I can see why you like to feature their heads. That's a great reflection in its eye. The fact that I can't figure out what it is keeps my attention. If this were mine, I'd crop a tad from the left and a bit from the top to locate the eye in divine proportions horizontally and vertically, but I sure don't mind it being right of center. The gold frame is good with this image.

Dave Woeller
09-27-2012, 09:55 AM
My first thought was also a little off the left, but I also agree it works well as is. I really like the way you've processed the shot and the only thing bothering me just a touch is the light area just behind the head. Can't wait to see more.

denise ippolito
09-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Paul, great suggestions above. I love the reflection in the eye, it is very captivating. Nice job with the original capture and the painted rendition!

Paul Lagasi
09-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks for comments and suggestions..

In the image below, I've cropped from the left but the white near the bill is a identifying mark...check out http://identify.whatbird.com/obj/26/_/Golden_Eagle.aspx ...you'll see why I left the white as is.

This eagle has been in captivity for a long time and is totally blind..lovely bird just the same, so like me it has lots of gray...:w3

denise ippolito
09-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Hi Paul, I think there may be a bit too much room on the right now.

Cheryl Slechta
09-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Hi, Paul, I love the original post. The eagle is so majestic and his gaze is so piercing - it's amazing that he is blind. And, hey - gray isn't such a bad thing!:bg3:

Paul Lagasi
09-29-2012, 11:17 AM
With the photo above I am reminded of a Fairy tale......:tinysmile_shy_t:

"OUCH!" she cried, dropping the spoon. "That porridge is MUCH too hot!"

She tasted the porridge in the medium size bowl. But that porridge was MUCH too cold.

Then she tasted the porridge in the tiny little bowl. "Mmmmmm," she said. "This porridge is JUST right!" so she ate it all up!

I tend to like the original placement of the eagle...but agree it was too centered, and again the repost is to far to the left. Maybe this one will be ok....if not :t3 :bg3: